Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Are you still trying to make sense of everything, or do you have it all figured out?

Are you still trying to make sense of everything, or do you have it all figured out?

was there a eureka moment?

Posted - December 26, 2017

Responses

I have never tried.
      December 26, 2017 7:06 AM MST

I have enough figured out to make it comfortably from day to day. 
      December 26, 2017 7:21 AM MST

I've yet to meet anyone who had much of anything figured out. I'll not have all of anything figured out in this life. 
      December 26, 2017 7:28 AM MST

When I was young, I began to read The Gospels in the Bible.  That taught me much about human behavior, for example.  It gave me much knowledge and the tools to 'figure things out'. Not everything goes smoothly, but I have never been in jail or allowed vices to ruin my life. Also, knowing a little about physics helps answer your questions about how the universe works. In a way, physics shows you how great creation is, regardless of whether you believe in God or the 'Flying Spaghetti Monster.' 
      December 26, 2017 7:49 AM MST

I've had my fair share of eureka moments.. but very often the understanding we gain leads to more questions.. I think one of the good and bad things is there will always be more questions than answer... just enough to keep us always searching, always knowing we don't know everything 
      December 26, 2017 8:59 AM MST

Hey,  You're back. Just in time for Christmas.
      December 26, 2017 1:15 PM MST

Ha ha very funny :P I had intended to get back just before Christmas but then learned that I had to do a load of reading over Christmas so it took me longer than I hoped. 
      December 27, 2017 2:55 PM MST

Stilll trying
      December 26, 2017 9:29 AM MST

• I have more "figured out" now than I did in the past (I look back at my early college days as a time of constant confusion), but I don't think I'll ever have everything figured out. Part of being human means I don't get to know it all. 
      December 26, 2017 9:41 AM MST

• Did being involved in Freemasonry open doors to secret information that led to clarity?
      December 26, 2017 9:47 AM MST

Homosexuality and what it feels like to give birth to a baby are two things I have never been able to attain any personal insight into; and I have ceased trying.

Whenever I asked a question as a child, my mother would always say, "Well, if you're so smart, you figure it out."  Of course that was an impossible task, but before I figured that out---somewhere around 60---I had already figured out a lot of other stuff.

So, I've pretty much figured out everything that impacts me.

December 26, 2017 11:35 AM MST

im still trying to make sense out of everything
      December 26, 2017 11:58 AM MST

things become really clear
    when the Ego is transcended.
    Until then, 
    we are lost within
    the minds playing field.

This post was edited by Baba at December 26, 2017 1:17 PM MST
      December 26, 2017 12:47 PM MST

• I’ve experienced loss of ego once. It’s the most difficult thing to put into words. Was a strange experience.
      December 26, 2017 1:03 PM MST

If I figured out everything what will I do with the rest of my life;))
      December 26, 2017 1:01 PM MST

• There have been several eureka moments.
    A lot of the time I feel I have my bearings.
    When I don't, I usually know how, whom and where to ask.
    But I also know that life can always throw up the unexpected,
    that I won't stop learning till I die,
    and that what I can know is microscopic compared to the universe of can be known.
      December 26, 2017 7:49 PM MST