Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Are these sexual assault allegations burning bridges many might have used to catapult their careers from nothing to A list?

Are these sexual assault allegations burning bridges many might have used to catapult their careers from nothing to A list?

Posted - December 27, 2017

Responses

It's much too high a price to pay. 
      December 27, 2017 10:41 PM MST

Don't know.  Don't care.  I mean, I seriously don't care.
      December 28, 2017 3:18 PM MST

Now now... that statement makes way too many assumptions and the truth of the matter is that we cannot know.. we can't... we can guess, we can assume but we cannot know..  What we can say is that if people were abused and taken advantage of.. then that's wrong.. no amount of money, fame or anything else can be said to negate the abuse and exploitation. If it didn't happen then that's another matter...  but really not for us to speculate on whether it happened..nor to speculate on the price people paid or whether the fact that they became famous by giving in or not speaking up... 

Just an aside.. I do believe that we should remember that regardless of whether people were abused/raped/exploited this has nothing to do with burning bridges.. IF those people became famous after being cast then they stand judged by their talent and that alone.. People don't become famous if they have no talent no matter how many times they endure rape or not. 
      December 28, 2017 4:10 PM MST

No, no, no... talent aside the public does not get to see talent without opportunity given to view it and often times after an act is done in trade. WAKE UP! The entertainment industry is run by sexual deviants. Sex with innocents is more precious to them than money of which they have plenty of. My point is that those already on the seedy side and far from innocent have lost a bridge to quick success.
      December 28, 2017 8:43 PM MST

maybe
      December 29, 2017 3:59 PM MST