Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Have the feminists stolen your masculinity?

Have the feminists stolen your masculinity?

Posted - December 29, 2017

Responses

• .........  "and my Master Card!"

December 29, 2017 2:44 PM MST

To be fair I never had any noticeable masculinity to start with.. I am a girlie girl with long hair. I am a feminist tho... a right to the core, total and utter feminist.. I truly believe that everyone should be.. that to be a true feminist is to recognise, celebrate the differences between men and women, (they are way less than we believe!) but to make sure at the same time that neither sex is treated unfairly. That both have the same choices and freedoms. 

True feminism isn't against anyone.. it favours and enhances men's lives too.. many seem to forget that... 

This is a huge debate.. I couldn't do it justice here.. but I do also recognise a) the backlash against feminism.. (I happen to have some pretty considered thoughts on that) and b) that there are some, a minority, of feminists that the anti-feminism bandwagon is using as an example against feminism.. In short people are using extreme feminist views to promote an anti-feminist message. 

LOL and no need to thank me for my well-chosen words of wisdom :)
      December 29, 2017 2:50 PM MST

Ha Ha
         a Big football player
    full of muscle and masculinity...
    ...and he's a feminist
         Is your idea of Feminist still ok?
      December 29, 2017 3:13 PM MST

• I think feminism has robbed both men and women equally
      December 29, 2017 3:13 PM MST

And I think. (surprise, surprise) that I disagree with you entirely :P  I do also think that real men don't sit around whining bout their lost masulinity cos real men aint that easily threatened. If it were that easy to steal.. then it can't have been very secure in the first place I say :P  

Research does show too that both men and women benefit - I am a sociologist, psychologist by bent so this is an area I study. I could go on and on about women who made terrible wives, bored, unfulfilled and men who were unsatisfied.. Let's face it what real man wants a lifeless bored disinterested woman in bed? Much rather an active intelligent sexy woman who is happy to say what she wants and isn't ashamed of wanting it.. Some people see the past through very rosy glasses.. but much of it really wasn't like that.. PS I do also defend women's right to stay home and be mums for as long as necessary... what I don't accept is women who were kept trapped at home even after that.. helpless, hopeless and bored when they wanted more... 
      December 29, 2017 3:19 PM MST

• im not biting lol
      December 29, 2017 3:26 PM MST

Oh go on.. you know you want to... just a nibble.. I won't tell.. honest :P 

Actually you and I would probably get on like a house of fire...I am awesome, (and modest!) in real life.. and you would be very, very surprised at a lot of the things I think.. 
      December 29, 2017 3:29 PM MST

no
      December 29, 2017 3:42 PM MST

Maybe, I have very little left.
      December 29, 2017 4:13 PM MST

• Yeah, sure, let's go with that :)

It's not that I never had much masculinity to begin with, certainly not... *eyes dart back and forth*
      December 29, 2017 6:01 PM MST

• If I wasn't confident in who I am and comfortable with myself, I would deserve to have something stolen. As it is, I clearly understand, my wife understands, other men understand and women I've known along the way, fully understand what this ole boy is comprised of and where he's coming from.
      December 30, 2017 12:27 PM MST