Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Everyone has a right to their own beliefs, so why do the ignorants make futile attempts to change their minds?

Everyone has a right to their own beliefs, so why do the ignorants make futile attempts to change their minds?

Posted - December 30, 2017

Responses

Their beliefs might be non conducive to the society they wish and how it is to run. Not so much ignorant but serving an agenda. This post was edited by O-uknow at December 30, 2017 10:01 PM MST
      December 30, 2017 8:49 PM MST

Why do you assume that they are ingnorant?   They may have ideas you may not have considered yourself that may prove to be effective in some positive light.

There is such a thing as peaceful intent, like you are kind of describing.  You know, like live and let live.  But to become so complacent that you just do not care if your brother or sister is falling down some pit of foolhardy, rotten thinking, it is up to you to at least extend the energy to try and uplift that person for the benefit of all.  That person may start a negative chain reaction where BAM now you have a community of Aryan Nazi lovers.

December 30, 2017 10:04 PM MST

I call then ignorants because everyone has a right to their own beliefs. They won't change mine and I won't change theirs. 
      December 30, 2017 10:10 PM MST

I got that.  You just said that, remember.  This is my answer.  I don't wish to go in circles.  We agree to have a different viewpoint. 
      December 30, 2017 10:14 PM MST

cause they want everyone to think the same way they do
      January 1, 2018 3:53 PM MST