Active Now

my2cents
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Communication » How many radios do you have in your home? Most of you are wrong.

How many radios do you have in your home? Most of you are wrong.

Posted - December 31, 2017

Responses

David Letterman is a HAM operator.
      December 31, 2017 3:09 PM MST

Juts in the home:.

5 discrete radio sets, of which 1 is digital - and I've not used it yet.

2 portable telephones, which are 2-way radios, after all - but they aren't "MOBILE"!!!

I thought of my PC if I used it for the BBC's 'Listen Again' service - but as it is on a land-line and the system is entirely wired, it does not count even if relaying public-broadcast radio programmes.

So 6,

Plus the one in the car!
      December 31, 2017 2:09 PM MST

I know there are many things that use RF including mobile phones and wireless headphones and lots of others.  The only thing I listen to as a radio is my Tivoli table radio.  I keep it in the kitchen and listen to NPR when I'm being a busy little bee cooking and doing laundry and such.  
      December 31, 2017 2:35 PM MST

More than I care to itemize---too easy to miss one.

Edit:  spell "too" properly before Randy D sees this.) This post was edited by tom jackson at January 1, 2018 6:18 AM MST
      December 31, 2017 4:14 PM MST

It's an intriguing question - Element seems to have spotted how many devices many people now have that can be counted as radios, without them realising it.

As for speeling spelling, don't worry - I won't tell him if you don't! :-)
      December 31, 2017 5:40 PM MST

Thanks, but I think Randy D is the guy who developed the computer in "Person of Interest," and is now aware 24/7 of unseemly uses of grammar.

I found it interesting when my wife (and I, but mostly my wife) bought a new Toyota tundra this year.  The salesman was a friend of our son's, and the salesman made it a point of pointing out that the truck had 17 separate computers in it. 

I didn't even have power locks or power windows in my last truck (a 2003 Ram 1500).  These types of things have become ubiquitous This post was edited by tom jackson at January 4, 2018 7:46 AM MST
      January 1, 2018 5:19 PM MST

none, i dont listen to the radio much
      January 1, 2018 2:52 PM MST