Active Now

my2cents
DannyPetti
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » Is the Blackamoor brooch princess Michael wore to a royal function being called racist an example of media overplaying minor offenses

Is the Blackamoor brooch princess Michael wore to a royal function being called racist an example of media overplaying minor offenses

while ignoring more serious ones about race in an attempt to blur the line between what should be tolerated and what should not? Is this an agenda to render all offenses the same and are mostly without merit to be ignored? Who complained and was offended? The media complained and no one was there that could be offended.

Posted - January 1, 2018

Responses

I didn't see the brooch, but I'm not a fan of sanitizing one's history.  Yes, in hindsight, there are things we shouldn't have done, there are people we shouldn't have oppressed, etc., but to deny those things ever happened in order to not offend others is to deny out history rather than learn from it.  I feel the same way about those who want certain statues removed.  They should be left where they are to remind people that history should not repeat itself.
      January 1, 2018 7:44 AM MST

maybe
      January 1, 2018 2:25 PM MST

I don't know what you are talking about. How is a brooch to be considered racist? Of course I understand that "racist" is a bonkers topic from the start, but this does not even rise to the level of "bonkers".
      January 1, 2018 6:00 PM MST