Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » What are your top five favourite movies of 2017?

What are your top five favourite movies of 2017?

Or ten if you prefer.

Posted - January 6, 2018

Responses

I haven't seen any nor shall I.
      January 6, 2018 12:18 PM MST

Top 5?  Really?

I can't remember 5 movies, period.

Professor Marsden and the Wonder Woman was way out of left field but very good.  

I saw that one. 

Anything Game of Thrones doesn't count, but really, that series is the best thing out there.

January 6, 2018 12:49 PM MST

I didn't see five mainstream movies in 2017. 
    ~
      January 6, 2018 1:35 PM MST

dont have any since i dont go to the movies much
      January 6, 2018 3:47 PM MST

• I liked the Wonder Woman movie... lots.
    I LOVED the new Thor movie.
    I HATED the new Star Wars movie... so much. I can't remember anything else except Star Wars was crap... That was so very sad for me,  cos I always love Star Wars. I hated it.
    Oh, I liked the "it" movie but I was pretty much wasted when I saw it ..so I don't know about that one.  That's almost five. 
      January 6, 2018 8:27 PM MST

I liked the new Thor movie but not as much as Dark World. I thought it tried too hard to be funny.

I think it is unlikely I will go and see The Last Jedi any time soon, as I have not watched The Force Awakens yet so I wouldn't have the sense of continuity, but thanks for letting me know it was awful anyway - you're not the first person to say this.

I haven't really felt motivated to see "It", I watched the original made-for-TV adaptation recently and it seemed so thoroughly a product of the 80's / early 90s that I couldn't imagine a remake would ever seem right. If I ever feel a wave of nostalgia for that period I may hire the DVD.

January 8, 2018 12:42 PM MST