Active Now

Randy D
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Education » Do teachers who answer questions sometimes remain students who ask them just to make sure right/good ones are asked?

Do teachers who answer questions sometimes remain students who ask them just to make sure right/good ones are asked?

Posted - January 7, 2018

Responses

Good point. I suppose they might. ;)
      January 7, 2018 5:40 AM MST

We are all students of life, this process continues (or should) all of our lives, as we adapt to, or become aware of new information and change. This is growth. When we cease to grow, we will begin to wither. 
    Wisdom is the residue (or should be) of our accumulation of learning and experience, it goes along that those who continue to question will more likely build a greater reservoir of personal wisdom. If there is one primary theme that entwines our pursuit of wisdom, it is that the more we learn, the more we find there is left to learn. Who should know more about this than a teacher? 
      January 7, 2018 6:01 AM MST

As a teacher, I rarely `gave answers'. I would try to guide the students to answer their own questions. To do so, I spent a lot of time researching whatever I was teaching at the time. Although I am retired, I try to continue to learn. It keeps my brain from shutting down. This post was edited by Element 99 at January 7, 2018 6:35 AM MST
      January 7, 2018 6:24 AM MST

maybe
      January 7, 2018 4:41 PM MST