Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Brides historically wear WHITE to symbolize purity when they get married. Is there an underlying racism inherent therein?

Brides historically wear WHITE to symbolize purity when they get married. Is there an underlying racism inherent therein?

Posted - January 14, 2018

Responses

No. People who see it that way are mentally ill.
      January 14, 2018 8:50 AM MST

I suppose so if you want to go there. And you want everything to be "racist".   I didn't wear white. But then I wasn't so pure. But neither are probably most of the girls getting married of whatever age.  
      January 14, 2018 9:13 AM MST

That is INSANE.

Color is not racist.  People who judge are racist.

Red is the color of anger, passion, heat, etc.  That is just the nature of the color.  It has nothing to do with Indians.

Black is death.  Endings.  The unknown.  That is the symbol.  It has nothing to do with black people or anything judgmentally negative.

People who look to blame a color are looking for racism in all the wrong places.  Look in the mirror and see no color and keep that idea in mind when you look at your sisters and brothers.
      January 14, 2018 9:26 AM MST

You did not answer my question. WHY is red the color of anger/passion?. WHY is black the color of death, endings, the unknown?. That is the question I asked. Do you know? If so would you like to answer it? Why does green represent jealousy and red represent anger/passion and white represent purity? Who decided that Sharon? I didn't. I didn't say red had anything to do with Indians. What caused YOU to bring that baggage with you? You say people who judge are RACIST? Would you like to rethink that? Is the dreggy doofus don RACIST? What do YOU judge him to be based on what he says and does? Is doofus don a racist or not? Upon what do you base that assertion?. People who judge are racist? Seriously? SIGH. Thank you for your reply. :( This post was edited by RosieG at January 14, 2018 11:06 AM MST
      January 14, 2018 11:05 AM MST

I truly don't think it's anything to do with racism, that may have been a connotation that linked in later. My feeling is that it's more simple... white is considered pure because it's a clean looking colour..  it has to be pure and virginal as marks would show? I think in some countries white is considered the colour of mourning.. .isn't it China? or Japan? And red is the wedding colour?
      January 14, 2018 3:07 PM MST