Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Are you on infowars.com right now?

Are you on infowars.com right now?

Posted - January 15, 2018

Responses

• I thought that is what this sites nickname is in the morning? 
      January 15, 2018 8:11 PM MST

I know right? ;+
      January 15, 2018 8:16 PM MST

• Lol yeah ;)
      January 15, 2018 8:20 PM MST

Should we be?
      January 15, 2018 8:14 PM MST

Yes. Now go woman! :D

Do you mean videos on that website or are you listening to his radio show?
      January 15, 2018 8:24 PM MST

Watching live steaming news from the website. Its great. ;)
      January 16, 2018 2:45 PM MST

• No!!! :)
      January 15, 2018 8:24 PM MST

Yes. Alex Jones just signed off and now Owen Shoyer is reporting. Good show tonight though. Lots of interesting topics. INFOWARS.COM check it out. Give it a try, it grows on you if you listen long enough.

I'm worried more about the actual war.  The ones to come and the end of the world as we know it.

Noam Chomsky on TRUMP and the destruction of the planet.

N.C.: The most important issues to address are the truly existential threats we face: climate change and nuclear war. On the former, the Republican leadership, in splendid isolation from the world, is almost unanimously dedicated to destroying the chances for decent survival; strong words, but no exaggeration. There is a great deal that can be done at the local and state level to counter their malign project.

On nuclear war, actions in Syria and at the Russian border raise very serious threats of confrontation that might trigger war, an unthinkable prospect. Furthermore, Trump’s pursuit of Obama’s programs of modernization of the nuclear forces poses extraordinary dangers. As we have recently learned, the modernized U.S. nuclear force is seriously fraying the slender thread on which survival is suspended. The matter is discussed in detail in a critically important article in Bulletin of the Atomic Scientistsin March, which should have been, and remained, front-page news. The authors, highly respected analysts, observe that the nuclear weapons modernization program has increased “the overall killing power of existing U.S. ballistic missile forces by a factor of roughly three — and it creates exactly what one would expect to see, if a nuclear-armed state were planning to have the capacity to fight and win a nuclear war by disarming enemies with a surprise first strike.”

The significance is clear. It means that in a moment of crisis, of which there are all too many, Russian military planners may conclude that lacking a deterrent, the only hope of survival is a first strike — which means the end for all of us.

G.Y.: Frightening to the bone.

N.C.: In these cases, citizen action can reverse highly dangerous programs. It can also press Washington to explore diplomatic options — which are available — instead of the near reflexive resort to force and coercion in other areas, including North Korea and Iran.

G.Y.: But what is it, Noam, as you continue to engage critically a broad range of injustices, that motivates this sense of social justice for you? Are there any religious motivations that frame your social justice work? If not, why not?

N.C.: No religious motivations, and for sound reasons. One can contrive a religious motivation for virtually any choice of action, from commitment to the highest ideals to support for the most horrendous atrocities. In the sacred texts, we can find uplifting calls for peace, justice and mercy, along with the most genocidal passages in the literary canon. Conscience is our guide, whatever trappings we might choose to clothe it in.

G.Y.: Returning to the point about bearing witness to so much suffering, what do you recommend I share with many of my undergraduate students such that they develop the capacity to bear witness to forms of suffering that are worse than we endure? Many of my students are just concerned with graduating and often seem oblivious to world suffering.

N.C.: My suspicion is that those who seem oblivious to suffering, whether it is nearby or in remote corners, are for the most part unaware, perhaps blinded by doctrine and ideology. For them, the answer is to develop a critical attitude toward articles of faith, secular or religious; to encourage their capacity to question, to explore, to view the world from the standpoint of others. And direct exposure is never very far away, wherever we live — perhaps the homeless person huddling in the cold or asking for a few pennies for food, or all too many more.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 16, 2018 1:02 PM MST
      January 15, 2018 8:17 PM MST

Nope. I don't think I have ever listened to infowars. 
      January 15, 2018 8:22 PM MST

I think you would find it interesting my2cents. Just honest reported news cast. Not mainstream junk. Trump was actually a guest on there once. He and Alex Jones, the owner, talk frequently. INFOWARS.com  Go take a look see. ;)
      January 15, 2018 8:25 PM MST

Nah, I probably would not be allowed to join in their "war" ;-)

In any case I find post-McCarthy conservatives in the US uninteresting. Too often they come over as parodies rather than people.

January 16, 2018 4:44 AM MST

No. I have a job and am at work.
      January 16, 2018 9:44 AM MST

actually...NO
      January 16, 2018 12:55 PM MST