Active Now

Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Home and Garden » Spring, aka gardening season is just around the corner.. I can't wait! What are you looking forward to and how long have you to wait?

Spring, aka gardening season is just around the corner.. I can't wait! What are you looking forward to and how long have you to wait?

Posted - January 21, 2018

Responses

just waiting for Mother Nature
    to warm up,
    she's a bit cold...
    ...The garden needs 
    everything...haha
      January 21, 2018 4:18 PM MST

I'm looking forward to getting my veggies in, but I have to wait 4 more months.
    I already put in my early spring things (daffodils, narcissus, primroses, tulips, poppies, and such).  The floral show should begin in late february and last until early April.  I'm still doing bare root planting and pruning in hopes of a good crop this summer (cherries, peaches, and so forth) and beautiful shade trees..
    Unfortunately, my pots of avocado trees and pineapple plants don't realize that it's still the middle of winter.  The trees are demanding to be let out of my garage (they don't realize that it's below freezing outside) and my pineapple plants (1 of which has fruited) are threatening to die on me unless they too can go outside (I don't think they'd appreciate the snow).
      January 21, 2018 4:38 PM MST

I recently decided to go back to school. The first thing I'm doing is a certificate program. That one will only take a couple months to complete. I also really want a specific degree, but I would prefer to get it yesterday. Degrees take so long. :/ I think I will probably start it after the certificate program, but won't finish for a few years. 
      January 21, 2018 6:35 PM MST

Towards the middle of May, I will start planting a hundred tomato plants. That is my specialty.  I will plant other stuff as well. During the end of August, I enter some vegetables in the local county fair.  
      January 21, 2018 9:47 PM MST