Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » "You can only give your heart away one time. After that you're just trying to fill a void." True or not?

"You can only give your heart away one time. After that you're just trying to fill a void." True or not?

(I stole the quote from a random YouTube comment, so thanks random YouTuber.)

Posted - January 28, 2018

Responses

I'll have to get back to you with the answer; line 'em up and send 'em in to me one or two at a time.  

~
      January 28, 2018 12:54 AM MST

Not. 
      January 28, 2018 2:08 AM MST

if at first you don't succeed maybe try again...
      January 28, 2018 6:54 AM MST

Yes, YouTube is a wonderful source of ignorance squelchers isn't it. I am very happy with the remedial work done in respect of my own knowledge gaps via YouTube - and through the good offices of 'the Internet' in general. Some time ago I stumbled across this word, indispensable in the 21st century:  'Obloquy - A false accusation of an offence or a malicious misrepresentation of someone's words or actions'. I am rather surprised I hadn't noticed it being used before, or ever since, in every political journalistic comment, and every television interview, discussion and debate. I have also learnt many startling facts about the insect people of Arcturus Twelve.

January 28, 2018 8:39 AM MST

Umm... So, I'll mark you down as a "not true." ;)
      January 28, 2018 1:28 PM MST

As to your question, I have no idea, and no obvious way of getting one I could run with Just Asking.
    I was responding to your parenthetical statement only.
      January 28, 2018 3:19 PM MST

• Hmm...I think I may have always been filling a void, but I do seem to fall completely in love over and over because there's something different and beautiful about every woman and she does fill an emptiness.
    I do think that once you find someone that you really love and you lose that person it makes it easier to let go of past relationships and even future relationships.
    That is if you honestly believe that person was perfect, but that's a whole other issue of how we lie to ourselves.
    I don't really give my heart away anymore.
    Women just use it for a while and it takes a beating, but it seems like it gets a little smarter each time. 
    Hopefully. LoL. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 28, 2018 2:54 PM MST
      January 28, 2018 8:45 AM MST

:/ That is a sad take on things. But, you're right on how our memories work. We do tend to forget the bad and remember the good. Can't measure others by ghosts like that though. Perfect doesn't exist. 
      January 28, 2018 1:27 PM MST

• I know, I feel like I have a bad attitude today.
    Sometimes I'm scared that my negative thoughts are the most truthful.
    I guess our individual realities are dependant on how we think.
    Everything can be good or bad depending on how I choose to see it.
    I need to master seeing the good in everyone and in everything.
    Then maybe I'll be happier?

Only positivity from this response onward....
    We'll see if it works.
    Thanks. : )
      January 28, 2018 2:44 PM MST

Nooooooo lol. Yes, it's good to see the good in people and in everything, but you can't live with rose-colored glasses all the time. That's setting yourself up for disappointment. I think you usually do just that- you look for the good and ignore the bad. That's my unsolicited opinion. Sorry. 

To be honest, things recently went unexpectedly south with my beau and I. So, as I move through your questions, I'm half torn between crying into my keyboard and strengthening my resolve that the right one is still out there, even if it wasn't him. I'm choosing resolve. lol I'm responding to your comments, but they're all about me convincing myself today. lol

January 28, 2018 3:30 PM MST

• Awww.....I'm sorry to hear that.
    I didn't realize that you were dealing with that empty feeling too.
    I think my questions and answers directly reflect my inner turmoil at times.
    You could just look for the good in them today if there is any.
    I don't like losing people that are special to me either.
    I hope you get through this alright and remember you can always talk to me if you need an ear as well.

January 28, 2018 3:47 PM MST

Crying into your keyboard might be an important and valuable thing to do...The stages of grief apply to any loss, not just death---and you are still grieving.... 

But it's not so much that the "right one" is or isn't out there...Marriage is a relationship that two adults build together and become "one" is so many ways---that's one reason why divorce is so painful... It's not a separation of two people, it more like a ripping apart of that small amount of "oneness" that you were able to achieve....

Finding the "right one" is not like buying your dream car where you order precisely what you want....It's more like going to the grocery store and get what is needed to make a nutritious mean and then working together to cook it---whether it's meatballs and spaghetti or Chateaubriand...

Find someone you like as a start and who believes that marriage requires that you both agree to work out your destiny together.  Then you build on that commitment and grow and change with that in mind....

With that goal in mind, even Democrat and a Republican could have a happy marriage. 
      January 28, 2018 5:02 PM MST

Not true
      January 28, 2018 12:26 PM MST

Well, I realize it's a metaphor, but it implies that another love can never be better than the one you no longer have---and that is simply not a reality...

I occasionally go to you tube for "how-to" videos, but not for advice on life from 25 year olds who haven't lived it yet.
      January 28, 2018 4:49 PM MST

thats true
      February 14, 2018 6:36 PM MST