Discussion » Questions » Humor and Jokes » If you hang around the town square, does that make you a-round peg in a square (hole)?

If you hang around the town square, does that make you a-round peg in a square (hole)?

Anything funny you'd care to add to that?

Posted - January 29, 2018

Responses

It would if I did hang around the town square... but I hate shopping so I never go into town :P
      January 29, 2018 3:20 PM MST

Well I do know of a very round pig that is a total A hole.  Does that count?

January 29, 2018 5:42 PM MST

Just a vaguely connected extract from the poem 'Them':

. . . . .

'And the energetic eddies

Of the tepid summer air,

Set the candy-wrappers swirling

‘Round the empty Market Square.'

This post was edited by rattbagge at January 31, 2018 11:05 AM MST
      January 31, 2018 11:04 AM MST

Anything funny to add? Maybe funny, maybe not. Depends whether you are a religious nut or a heathen gentile, I suppose, and whether you empathize with the dude whose death wishes were perversely thrust aside in favor of convention and good taste.
    Just off our town square is St Didymus' church, and in the churchyard I once stumbled across this quaintly  antithetical inscription:  I thought I told you I didn’t want any religious brown-nosing at my funeral!

[A belated check of St. Didymus (4th century), showed he'd lost his sight at an early age, thus 'St. Didymus the Blind'. In later life he devised a simple touch-system of reading for the blind, foreshadowing the braille system used today.]  

January 31, 2018 11:48 AM MST

i dont think so
      February 14, 2018 5:29 PM MST