Active Now

Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » When haters hate, does it get stuck that way in the hate, or is there hope for haters?

When haters hate, does it get stuck that way in the hate, or is there hope for haters?

Image result for gifs of haters

Posted - February 6, 2018

Responses

Seems to me that people hate first of all because they are unhappy with their life.   They see people around them doing things they themselves would like to do and rather than do something about it themselves it is easier for them to just hate and resent those people.  And there is usually a sense of some kind of entitlement - they think OK I have done all the right things in life the way I learned it but here these other people seem to have bypassed all those things I consider necessary so their must be something wrong with them.  They are "inferior" because they are different from me - and now here they are doing and taking the things that should belong to me and mine.  They are very narrowly focused and not so good at understanding any ways of thinking or acting different from what they are familiar with. So they feel threatened and rather than understand or "live and let live" they have to downgrade the objects of their hatred by attributing all kinds of negative, immoral, and anti-social qualities to them.  The reason being  because that makes them feel better about themselves. So - OK I might not be doing as well but at LEAST I am  more moral, sociable, more compassionate, smarter, etc. etc. than THEY are.  So I have the right stuff but they are really some kind of deviants. 
      February 6, 2018 5:04 AM MST

Image result for gifs of people clapping
      February 6, 2018 5:07 AM MST

Thank you.
      February 6, 2018 3:50 PM MST

But where is the question prompting that response ?
      February 8, 2018 8:47 AM MST

You are assuming that being a "hater" is a personal failing.

Check the definition of "hater" and you will see that it is not.

What the he** is YOUR definition of the word?---especially given your answer.

Edit:  correct spelling This post was edited by tom jackson at February 11, 2018 10:21 AM MST
      February 6, 2018 12:06 PM MST

Is a difference between "greatly disliking" something or someone and "hating" it/them.  When we get to hating we get so into spewing venom that we lose all sense of proportion and end up just tying ourselves in knots and making ourselves not only less compassionate but less human.  

In your subsequent post you have  justified your hatred by making yourself morally and socially superior to the objects of your hatred. 
      February 11, 2018 10:28 AM MST

There is always hope, But she will probably keep doing that ;-))
      February 6, 2018 6:27 AM MST

Love heals even hate.
      February 6, 2018 6:35 AM MST

hopefully theres hope
      February 6, 2018 10:41 AM MST

It depends on who the haters are and what do they hate.
    Maybe it's not hate but a strong dislike for something.
    When I was a kid I hated eggs, now I love them. So there is hope for a hater sometimes.
      February 6, 2018 11:25 AM MST

Hahahaha.  I used to think I hated spinach, but love it now.  I could do a whole post on that.  
      February 6, 2018 11:46 AM MST

Same here so there is hope for both of us LOL.
      February 6, 2018 11:52 AM MST

I can get very angry and hurt over things initially, but with time, I usually let go of any feeling that could resemble hate.  I just figure it's part of life and you do your best to move past it.
      February 6, 2018 11:45 AM MST

Here's the definition of the word "hater"----a person who greatly dislikes a specified person or thing.

There are many valid reasons to greatly like certain persons or things.

Rapists, murderers, pedophiles, sadistic parents ---make your own list.

And I hope I never suffer Alzheimer's to the extent that I ever forget that the things that such people do should always deserve my responding to them by being a "hater."

And no, I am not at all happy with my life---quite the contrary.
      February 6, 2018 12:04 PM MST

We had a City Manager that was as mean as they come and would assail any one who stood against his pet projects.  The last I heard he had deep regrets about how he had treated people and was changing his way, kind of like Mr. Scrooge.  There is hope.
      February 6, 2018 9:19 PM MST