Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Is it now politically correct to be NOT so much?

Is it now politically correct to be NOT so much?

Posted - February 8, 2018

Responses

It seems to me it is all about how the individual feels and doesn't care to show they might care you feel.  This doesn't mean they don't.  They just like to act like they don't.
    Kind of a mixed signal these days.

This post was edited by Merlin at February 8, 2018 10:34 AM MST
      February 8, 2018 9:13 AM MST

It has been so for a great many years. Remember the Laure wreaths that Victorious Commanders received in old Rome: "remember you are mortal".
      February 8, 2018 9:17 AM MST

Most people my age were brought up to be polite and show respect to others. Which really is most of what now constitutes PC though it seems to have hardened from a code of practical conduct into some kind of religious belief system.  No have never been PC but just polite as I still am. 
      February 8, 2018 9:24 AM MST

As am I.  I do greet every morning with thanks and gratefulness.  I respect the world we live on, the animals here with us and the people I encounter along my adventures in life.  Good or bad, I always give them the benefit of the doubt.
    Whether that is a good practice or not is irrelevant.  What it does say, is "I'm not here to inhibit your way.  I'm here too and please know, if you need any help, I will." 
    I don't expect anything in return.  I'm just respectful to all that don't intentionally harm another.
      February 8, 2018 9:51 AM MST

I do this yoga stretching exercise called "greeting the sun" before jogging in the early A.M.  Even though some parts of the year like now the sun is not yet up! Don't see how you can go wrong with that attitude.  Oh I am something of a Pollyanna myself but I think we have to understand that whether intentional or unintentional harm does happen which sometimes falls on us. And mostly there is nothing we can do about it except be philosophical and make of ourselves examples of what we would like to see in others. 
      February 8, 2018 10:03 AM MST

Very beautifully said.  I'm going to look that yoga stretch up.  Thanks officegirl, I agree :) :)
      February 8, 2018 10:44 AM MST

Lukewarm is the new black.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 8, 2018 10:45 AM MST
      February 8, 2018 10:27 AM MST

He is looking a bit thin these days.  Good drugs?  Too much stress?  A little of both? Maybe fake isn't the way to go but an "out" for not being able to "Handle The Truth!"
    I hope he gets a grip and feels better.
      February 8, 2018 10:46 AM MST

I certainly hope so.
      February 8, 2018 2:30 PM MST

maybe
      February 9, 2018 4:41 PM MST

Although I try to be as polite as possible I've never been politically correct and it's safe to say I never will be. Political correctness is destroying our country because it's being used as a weapon to subdue and beat into submission, any person that might disagree with you. 
      February 14, 2018 8:02 PM MST