Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » do you have any experiences with dialectical behavior therapy

do you have any experiences with dialectical behavior therapy

Posted - February 8, 2018

Responses

If I had an issue with this, I would explore all kinds of treatments and see what fits.  This seems to have all the external basics of a good treatment.  They have discussion, support, tools to use and people to counsel you.

That is always important.  It looks to be a recent idea built upon years of study, so I would be excited about it if I needed it and it was available to me.

February 8, 2018 10:03 AM MST

DBT therapists can be hard to find.  

An issue with what?
      February 9, 2018 6:38 AM MST

Wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.
    When people tell you you are weak or inadequate they are usually up to no good. You are not flawed, You are Amber

Even rough unpolished amber like the pile shown below sells at about 5 cents pr gram. Unless there are visible ants embedded in it then the price become hundreds of times higher. Do you have visible ants embedded in you? Even if you dont you are precious ;-))
      February 8, 2018 10:14 AM MST

I know what it is; I had a loved one who suffered from BPD.
      February 8, 2018 10:17 AM MST

• how did it go for them? if you happen to know. 
      February 8, 2018 11:03 AM MST

She was not open to it so it was kind of a waste of time.  I can't say how successful it might even be.  My experience was about ten years ago and a lot has changed.  If you or someone you care about has been referred for this kind of therapy I hope you will do your best to allow it a chance to help. Therapist trained in this are not easy to find.   I don't want to ask questions but if BPD is the or one of the diagnoses there are some ways to try to deal with and manage the chaos that is the reality for those with the diagnosis.  I pray for anyone in this struggle.  There are some good books; I read a few back then.  I don't know if reading is helpful for anyone other than caregivers and parents and other outsiders.  Gosh, I wish I could be of real help. 
      February 8, 2018 11:42 AM MST

Does this post come with instructions?
      February 9, 2018 5:43 AM MST

no
      February 9, 2018 4:39 PM MST