Active Now

Element 99
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Does arrogant manipulation have any rightful place in a civilized society?

Does arrogant manipulation have any rightful place in a civilized society?

Posted - February 11, 2018

Responses

Better to ask when does arrogance and manipulation belong anywhere at all.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 11, 2018 7:45 AM MST
      February 11, 2018 7:38 AM MST

I am not fond of Trump's best-friend.  Not at all.
      February 11, 2018 8:13 AM MST

• I was reading about the pecking order of all hierarchies of living groups and agonistic behavior stuck out and is overall relevant to the overall fitness of society
    in its fighting quest for resources which I can only assume Russia does not have much access to for some yet unfathomably unknown reason yet to be found:) Thanks! This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 11, 2018 7:47 AM MST
      February 11, 2018 7:43 AM MST

It seems entirely counter to the concept of ”civilized society”, yet the factions of organized religion have been trading on arrogant manipulation for ages.
    Aware of the power of this method, political parties have co-opted the technique. Eerily, the results are the same: the masses foot the cost, yet benefit little in this life.  
      February 11, 2018 8:08 AM MST

Well its just one of the things people do to make things better and more comfortable for themselves.  Can be a matter just of survival but writ large becomes harmful to others. There is always a tension and a matter of balance in how far it can go in a civilized or any kind of society. 
      February 11, 2018 10:06 AM MST

i dont think so
      February 11, 2018 2:33 PM MST