Discussion » Questions » Relationships » What could you have done differently that would have improved your last relationship?

What could you have done differently that would have improved your last relationship?

Posted - February 16, 2018

Responses

• Whatever I did, I did in vain, for it was like flogging a dead horse. The best thing we did for the relationship was to mutually end it.
      February 16, 2018 9:13 PM MST

4. Avoided having gotten into it. 

3. Getting into it with a different person. 

2. Being a different person myself. 

1.  A little more maturity on both parts would have gone a long way.

~
      February 16, 2018 10:32 PM MST

• Other than the few weeks/months of an online aberration 18 months ago, the last relationship before my husband was over 33 years ago.
    In hindsight, I know I should never have allowed the online thing to start.

Thinking back to before my marriage, I agree with Randy:
    "Avoided having gotten into it. 
    Getting into it with a different person. 
    Being a different person myself. 
    A little more maturity on both parts would have gone a long way."

I would add thorough training in better communication and listening skills, preferably from as young as possible.

I now believe that there's no substitute for getting to know a person very well before getting into the love & sex thing.
    It makes a world of difference on every level.
    Ages-old wisdom works because human nature does not change.
      February 17, 2018 12:07 AM MST

Nothing. I really did work tirelessly on it until I'd had enough. I walked away from that one knowing I did everything I could have. 
      February 18, 2018 3:54 AM MST

Gone to the same college she did. Not possible, I was working full-time and studying part-time. We paerted amicably and we're still friends. My wife is also friends with her so it's all good.
      February 18, 2018 5:55 AM MST

Ive never ever had a last relationship yet.......  :) 
      February 18, 2018 7:14 AM MST

Been 20 years younger and beautiful and bright and more soulful and needy. Oh and fertile.  Cause that is what he went with. 
      February 18, 2018 8:57 AM MST