Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Education » What are some ways homeschoolers can get away with skipping class?

What are some ways homeschoolers can get away with skipping class?

Posted - February 21, 2018

Responses

Maybe when the parents are having an "Afternoon delight" in their bedroom the home schooled teen could put pillows under her blankets on her bed.
    She could skip out and go to a public school. She could hangout with her boyfriend by sneaking into his regular classes.
    After school she would climb the tree to get back into her bedroom and then go downstairs as if nothing happened.
      February 22, 2018 2:14 AM MST

My son's school runs a timer and tracks activity. If he doesn't move the mouse every so often, it gets logged as "idle time," and doesn't count toward attendance. He knows the minute count and sets his phone to alert him, so he at least goes back and shakes the mouse. :/ If you ask him, he'd say he only does this when he's done with the day's assignments and is working on his chores. I know he's really playing video games. Grr...
      February 22, 2018 12:35 PM MST

lol, I thought this was going to be one of my silly questions without an answer but I guess the answer is Move Mouse!

It's a simple utility that can be used to simulate user activity while you sneak off to do something else!

This post was edited by Livvie at February 22, 2018 2:24 PM MST
      February 22, 2018 1:35 PM MST

OMG I hope he never learns about that. He'll set it up to run while he sleeps. :o
      February 22, 2018 2:26 PM MST

home school or virtual? As long as the work gets done and the kids are learning it doesn't really matter what time does it? that's the convenience of it.
      February 22, 2018 1:44 PM MST