Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Four Sheriff deputies HID during the FL school shooting. How can so much worse can this get?

Four Sheriff deputies HID during the FL school shooting. How can so much worse can this get?

I don't understand how so many in this horrible situation simply did not do their jobs. From the FBI to the Sherriff department. 
https://nypost.com/2018/02/23/four-sheriffs-deputies-hid-during-florida-school-shooting/

Posted - February 24, 2018

Responses

That actually has been my point all along. Those who have the power and the means to stop these mass shooting didn't and wouldn't. The School System, Law Enforcement, including the FBI, Mental Health Community, the parents, and many citizens in general. The glaringly evident warning signs given out by those mentally deranged murderers were there but for unknown reasons, went unheeded. The results were catastrophic.

Because the ones that could have stopped the carnage, didn't. They failed to do their jobs. Now they needed a scapegoat, a cop out, so they blame guns. Ah yes, the dreaded guns. Those metal and wood, inanimate objects, with no mind or life of their own, are to blame for this carnage. So now it's ban the guns, boycott the NRA, repeal the 2nd Amendment, blame everyone and everything else instead of taking responsibility for their own incompetence. The ones that think banning guns will some how make mass shootings like these magically disappear are sadly mistaken. Guns are not the problem, people are. 
      February 25, 2018 4:00 AM MST

Yes, the failures from the top down are simply disgusting in this case. It could have been prevented by so many who just did not do their job.
      February 25, 2018 6:39 AM MST

the fbi had tips and warnings about this kid before this ever happened...they just let it go...now I wonder why the cop  or cops on the scene didn't do anything...were they following orders or just chickened out?https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/16/us/fbi-nikolas-cruz-shooting.html

This post was edited by maggie at February 27, 2018 9:22 AM MST
      February 25, 2018 9:00 AM MST

I did just hear there is a possibility they were ordered not to go in because they had not body cameras...it is not confirmed as of yet.
      February 27, 2018 9:23 AM MST

a whole different department got there and dealt with it i believe...this was allowed to happen and they were probably ordered to stand down...thats a bullcrap excuse for them not being allowed to go in...they needed this shooting to happen.

March 4, 2018 5:36 PM MST

I was listening to a local AM station this morning and there was a federal judge talking to the host. He said that it was a shameful, cowardly act on the part of those specific police officers in Florida. He said that when you become a cop, you know what you're getting into. He said that it's an officer's duty to go where the noise (gunfire) is and stop it. They didn't. I do think that police officers as a whole do a good job. They do put their life on the line. But in this case they didn't when they could and should have, and lives were needlessly lost. Now they'll have to live with it.
      February 27, 2018 9:17 AM MST

Yes, most everything I have found says that in active shooter they are to immediately go after the shooter. 
    With the exception of a official police report which said on solo entry...some departments forbid it, some require it and the SRO maybe allowed to decide for themself. There needs to be a uniform protocol nationwide. 
    Yes in cases like this minutes lost=lives lost.
      February 27, 2018 9:29 AM MST

When people can fire back it's a whole new ball game....how many unarmed men are shot running away from the police after getting stopped in their cars for minor traffic Incidents in America.....I've seen many on tv here in England...

The worst was a black guy and his wife stoped by the police and the officer jumped onto his car bonnet and emptied seven clips of bullets into them.....it's was all filmed and the policeman appeared deranged ....,.he was determined to kill them I think...

They were both unarmed and no guns were ever found...
      February 25, 2018 5:22 AM MST

We can all be Hero's if no one shots back...
      February 25, 2018 5:24 AM MST

The deputies not going condemned the students just as much as the as bad cop shooting an unarmed citizen. 

I am unfamilar with the case you are talking about. Do you have a link?
      February 25, 2018 6:46 AM MST

It was around two years ago I think......I'm not sure of what State it happend  in....it was video'd and I've seen such terrible things on ytube and on my phone now...watch just one and they just keep popping up....

One heartbreaking one was seeing a huge 25 stone white policeman using a 17 year old white girl as a punch bag.....he destroyed her face and ripped a huge V in her forhead....Many police officers walked by an open doorway and watched and never stopped it.....the guy then turned the camera off so he could continue beating her undisturbed ...
      February 25, 2018 7:58 AM MST

Unlikely anything will happen to them....the police never prosecute their own.....
      February 25, 2018 5:47 AM MST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=884W4l3eoQgcase where the cop should have just shot him instead of trying to take him in peacefully.

yes we have some bad cops...yes we have some bad people...you have to dig to find the stories like this for some reason..and also look at all the facts of all of them.

This post was edited by maggie at February 25, 2018 9:02 AM MST
      February 25, 2018 8:28 AM MST

In the film that's shown....the guy needs to spend his life in prison no doubt about that.....

To unload seven clips into two unarmed people ,the shooter need the same I think....
      February 25, 2018 9:06 AM MST

Another mass shooting could happen in the midst of the Parkland High School shootings. I'm not talking at the same school. I'm talking someplace else in America.
      February 25, 2018 9:09 AM MST

Yes, it could. And hopefully the people paid to protect those children do their job.
      February 25, 2018 9:30 AM MST

Oh that is easily explainable.

You see, we didn't have those teachers at the ready with their glocks and assualt rifles to protect the security guards.

Now that we have those teachers armed and ready, no more problems.  Don said so.

And you know what?  The teachers can teach the kids to arm themselves too.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 25, 2018 9:35 AM MST
      February 25, 2018 9:12 AM MST