Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » Has anyone ever advised you not to have children, or not to have more children? If so, who was it and why? ~

Has anyone ever advised you not to have children, or not to have more children? If so, who was it and why? ~

Posted - February 24, 2018

Responses

The doctor, after the twins were stillborn (that pregnancy was rough on her, and losing the girls almost destroyed her psychologically). We didn't for more than two years, then our son came along.
      February 25, 2018 12:28 AM MST

no
      February 25, 2018 2:52 PM MST

• My mother.
    She said she conceived my sister and me to give her life meaning, value, and identity.
    Having been a constantly abused only child, she thought that by having two children our lives would be easier.
    But she found that she hated the work of mothering
    and she dreaded the idea that one of us might one day make her a grandmother.
    My never-married sister had many abortions and one daughter who drowned at two-years-old due to neglect.
    I had none.
    On both my mother's and father's sides, our family is dying out due to dysfunction,
    and, even though it may seem to some a horrible thing to say, it is a good thing.
      February 25, 2018 7:06 PM MST