Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Music » Would you like to hear four minutes of gentle music simplicity?

Would you like to hear four minutes of gentle music simplicity?

The last song of Shriekback's "Big Night Music" - - 'Cradle Song'

~ Shriekback's "Big Night Music" is in my "Top Five Best Albums I've Heard" list

~ for all I know, though, the song may drive you crazy and you may not like it. Ain't different music tastes a gas?
:)

Posted - February 28, 2018

Responses

I hate to admit it, but I never listen to the music videos on here any more.  I have not for years because I don't have time.

Either I know the music already, or I just skip it.

Otherwise I would be spending an extra hour or two more on here.   I spend most of my free time listening to the news and what Trump is doing to ruin the USA.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 28, 2018 9:15 AM MST
      February 28, 2018 8:54 AM MST

That's OK with me if you don't listen.

I'm just trying to feel better most of the time I post such questions. Sharing music is enjoyable to me.

If you ever do need some cool background music for the news, maybe give "Big Night Music" a try. Ha!

February 28, 2018 9:19 AM MST

I love that you do this.  Please do not stop ever.

February 28, 2018 9:22 AM MST

Thanks, Sharonna.

February 28, 2018 9:25 AM MST

Also, sometimes I do listen to them when browsing through the site, and then I tell you I finally just heard it.....and what I think.   So, that is always fun.
    So, don't ever stop.  

I love the fact that this site has different ways to ask any type of question.   Thank GOD for everyone that there is no TRUMP music.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 28, 2018 9:35 AM MST
      February 28, 2018 9:29 AM MST

Thanks, again, Sharonna.

I did know of one Trump music example, though. This song/video was before the last election but I still find it sort of funny.
    You might like it, too.

"Trumpy Trump" by The Cooties

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at February 28, 2018 9:39 AM MST
      February 28, 2018 9:37 AM MST

Oh, that Trumpy Trump song is anti-Trump. Sort of can't tell from the beginning of it a bit.
      February 28, 2018 12:56 PM MST

no thanks, im not much into music
      February 28, 2018 10:16 AM MST

That's OK, pearl.
      February 28, 2018 12:57 PM MST

• Well ... these certainly are different!

Sacred Spirit - "The Cradlesong" (Dawa)

March 3, 2018 5:01 PM MST

Yes, they are!

In a way, though, Sacred Spirit's song has a gentle simplicity to it , though Shriekback's is more simple in its less intricate way to me. Less musical layers than Sacred Spirit  - -  or something like that.

Thanks for answering, ALF.

March 3, 2018 6:28 PM MST

• Personally, when I want simple music, I go with instrumental music.  No lyrics to divide my attention while I'm listening.  :))
      March 4, 2018 7:49 AM MST

That makes sense to me, ALF.

And it also sort of reminds me of a great friend of mine, something we both still kid each other about - - though he and I were talking about music in a different way than the specifics you and I are - -  but he once said, "Eh - - the words to a song don't matter. They just get in the way sometimes."
      March 4, 2018 1:52 PM MST

• It's not often that the words are as beautiful as the music.
      March 4, 2018 1:59 PM MST

:) You and my friend are probably right - - But in my head, I can hear my poet friends vehemently disagreeing, ha!

But we could probably sing the ABC's to music by Enya - - and we both know it'd be beautiful music regardless of the "words."
      March 4, 2018 2:25 PM MST