Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Danilo_G
my2cents
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Education » Maybe we should just abolish schools? Just have people home schooled and if you cannot do it, you don't get to procreate?

Maybe we should just abolish schools? Just have people home schooled and if you cannot do it, you don't get to procreate?

Posted - March 8, 2018

Responses

An excellent method of population control.
      March 8, 2018 10:14 AM MST

WE DON'T NEED NO EDUCATION....

March 8, 2018 11:33 AM MST

What a great way to ruin a great album.

;)

Ha!
      November 3, 2019 8:32 PM MST

I think home school is going to get more popular now then ever before.
      March 8, 2018 10:14 AM MST

Think about how STUPID most people who voted for Trump are.  Imagine them having control of the education of a child.

This is NOT the answer.  GOD please NO.
      March 8, 2018 10:16 AM MST

I don't think it will be his supporters who will take their kids out of school to teach them at home.
    They probably think having a gun in school is a good idea.
    It's the ones who don't like the idea that will home school their kids.
      March 8, 2018 10:19 AM MST

I don't like the idea of parents being in control.  I am smart.  I cannot teach grade school.  Imagine someone stupid teaching their children. There are a lot of stupid people that don't like guns.  I shudder to think of the kind of education I would have gotten if my parents or one of the neighbors taught me.

If they have professional teachers, maybe.  But that will be insanely expensive.

Plus it doesn't solve anything.
      March 8, 2018 10:46 AM MST

I don't think I could have home schooled my kids either, even if I didn't need to be in the work world.  Teachers are a special kind of smarts and patience.  You have to be.  I know my limits.
      March 8, 2018 11:07 AM MST

I don't know how a parent can get kids to do anything sometimes.  Imagine getting them to clean their rooms.

Now make them do advanced math and make sure it is right?  There has to be a method I don't know about to do this thing.

LOL
      March 8, 2018 11:34 AM MST

I fully admit that I didn't have what it took to keep my son focused.  Even normal kids are a challenge.  

I can only say that a good teacher, whether they be a professional or a parent, has my admiration.
      March 8, 2018 11:39 AM MST

The school where my son would have had to go to was worse then me teaching him at home.
    I was lucky that he was very smart and picked up things very easy. Plus if I got stuck I had the teachers books with all the answers.
      March 8, 2018 11:08 AM MST

Your son was very lucky to have you.  There are many schools that do little good for our kids.  It's a huge commitment to become a full time teacher for our own.  I know your son turned out very well for it too.  
      March 8, 2018 11:26 AM MST

It wasn't always easy and we had days where it was a struggle for both of us to get the work done.
    But when you are on your time you can take it to do what needs to be done.
    If he was having a hard time in the morning, we would wait till a little later to do the work.          
    It didn't matter as long as the work got done.
      March 8, 2018 11:46 AM MST

Each case is different.  I'm sad my son wasn't diagnosed earlier.  He could have gotten the intervention he needed.  I was a painfully awkward kid myself, so I assumed my son would "shake it off".  Looking back on it, he frustrated over things I never did like doing homework.  It would take hours to get things done with him at night.  
      March 8, 2018 11:59 AM MST

Unless they are militant fanatics that really believe the teachers are teaching liberal doctrine.
      March 8, 2018 11:41 AM MST

There are people who do believe that and probably wouldn't make very good teachers for their kids.
      March 8, 2018 11:53 AM MST

THAT is what I saw where I live; conservative fanatics that never wanted their kids around other kids.  They homeschooled for exclusion.  They didn't like blacks moving into the area either or kids that weren't part of their religion.  I saw a lot of hate coming from these mothers.  And not all the schools in my area are bad.  Some are ranked the top schools in the state.  I attended one myself.
      March 8, 2018 12:03 PM MST

Cyber schooling has gotten more popular.  I did that with my son when he wasn't getting what he needed in the public school system.
      March 8, 2018 10:28 AM MST

Several of us did home school for the 7th and 8th grade. It was very popular where I used to live.
    We even took them on field trips and made it fun for the kids.
      March 8, 2018 10:39 AM MST

That's awesome!  
      March 8, 2018 10:41 AM MST

Finally, a person who has tried this.

I think it is the wave of the future.  What else can we do?   I know lots of parents that keep their kids home to escape bullies. 
      March 8, 2018 10:47 AM MST

That is why I pulled my son out.  He was socially awkward have Asperger's and the middle school was in a bit of a rough area.  It was when I had my starter home and could not afford to live in a better area.  It was awful having to drive to the school and watching other boys taunt and shove my kid.  I wanted to smack a few of them myself. 

Sadly, by the time I tried the cyber school thing, which costs nothing to a parent, my son was too depressed and unfocused to succeed with it.  He eventually managed to get his GED after I paid for private tutoring and scored in the top 98%.

Every child deserves to go to a good school, regardless of income.  It's a crime we support a school system on property taxes instead of federal taxes.  It's the one place I believe all kids should have the same opportunities.    
      March 8, 2018 11:01 AM MST

Yes...but can you imagine the unqualified teaching their children.
      March 8, 2018 10:43 AM MST

I imagine there are plenty already.

March 8, 2018 10:48 AM MST