Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Randy D
Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Which sect of Islam is known as the Religion of Peace? Are Sunni peaceful or Shia or some other sect?

Which sect of Islam is known as the Religion of Peace? Are Sunni peaceful or Shia or some other sect?

I've heard some refer to Islam as the Religion of Peace.

Posted - March 10, 2018

Responses

Still nursing a grudge tom? Read the Bible tom and then you will have something to say on Biblical topics. Of course you may also think that the Bible is not reliable and that Paul taught in opposition from Jesus and that thousands of rational people are turning away from Christianity and turning to Jesus through Islam.

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/26743/what-was-the-primary-cause-of-the-war-between-the-states-refere/view/post_id/301562

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/52109/bible-story-writers-were-inspired-to-relate-the-story-of-creatio/view/page/1

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/28900/quot-why-is-you-shall-have-no-other-gods-before-me-in-the-ten/view/page/3

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/49763/what-would-be-a-good-way-to-eliminate-atheism

March 13, 2018 3:03 PM MDT

A grudge?---hardly.  (Grudge---a persistent feeling of ill will or resentment resulting from a past insult or injury.)  You have neither the power nor sufficient understanding of the relationship between God and His reality to either insult or injure me.

I stopped reading your replies to both my answers and my comments some time ago.  (The online equivalent of closing the door when you knock.)

(I somehow thought I was reading a reply from Clurt when I clicked on your reply---and I had to change my comment when it finally dawned on me that you were not Clurt.)

March 13, 2018 3:58 PM MDT

Okay, assume the role of cheer leader as your lack of knowledge of the Bible has left you silent in biblical threads to where all you could do is resort to insulting me and my understanding as well as the scriptures. Funny how some start off like they have a special understanding of the scriptures to mean the exact opposite of what they say.

Anyway, here's part of what you are rooting for so root away:

[Anyway, the points I was making are:

1- When the Romans adopted Christianity they took the teachings of Paul, changed them to fit in with Pagan beliefs and festivals, convened councils to agree new doctrines and enforced the new faith called Christianity, which Jesus had never heard of, throughout their empire. 

2- All Protestant churches, including JWs, have inherited their teachings about Jesus from the Roman Catholics.

3- These teachings
    a- regard Jesus as God and the son of God,
    b- they teach that God was not capable of forgiving Adam,
    c- that God held every human baby guilty of Adam's sin,
    d- that a ransom had to be paid (who to, cannot be explained) 
    e- that God had to have a human sacrifice before he would forgive,
    f- that God offered his innocent son to be killed to free the "guilty",
    g- that inexplicably it was God who died,
    h- that inexplicably the dead God raised himself,
    i- that again inexplicably the raised God became the raised Jesus
    j- that Jesus (God) is sitting at the right hand side of God,
    k- that God was now able to forgive.

4- It is teachings like these, which Jesus himself never taught, that are turning thousands of rational people away from Christianity.

5- Many, including ex-Christians, see in Islam the pure original teachings about Jesus and are returning to Jesus through Islam.]

EDIT: That's a quote from the user you are rooting for. This post was edited by texasescimo at March 14, 2018 3:50 PM MDT
      March 14, 2018 9:36 AM MDT

That's your summary of your opinion.

I think it is you that find it to emotionally upsetting for you to handle. Hundred of exchanges between me and you have had you posting negative things about the Bible being changed and unreliable and Paul preaching in opposition to Jesus. It's been exasperating for me to constantly give you other other verses and the context in defense of the Bible and Paul. I don't think anyone is overly considered with your view of Jesus or the Bible and you have refused to respond to questions about Islam. It's your opinion that making claims about Jesus not dying like he said he would which would make him a liar and your opinion that speaking against Paul is respectful but I see it different. Any understanding you have of the Bible is through Islamic interpretation and when the Bible contradicts that, you claim the Bible has been changed so the verse is suspect. I am sure that you do respect the supposed scholars and researchers that slam the Bible as it suits your agenda. Hundreds of exchanges with me defending the Bible and Paul and you get emotionally upset over two questions about Muhammad and Islam.

You couldn't name one peaceful Islamic religion? 
      March 15, 2018 4:56 PM MDT