Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » POLL: if she pays my airfare from California to London and ALL my expenses, should I go and rescue her? ~

POLL: if she pays my airfare from California to London and ALL my expenses, should I go and rescue her? ~

A.  Of course you should. Everyone knows that the hero gets the girl at the end of the movie. 

B. Of course not!  Haven't you seen the show "Locked Up Abroad"?  It's a trap, dude. 

C. Are you crazy?  She's got some bozo  doing that every couple of weeks, and she always goes right back to London.

D. Meh. 

E. What are you going to do, besides screwing up her life worse than it is right now?

F. Too late; she used the money on a one-way ticket from Heathrow to California, and she's on your doorstep with all of her worldly goods. Have fun explaining that to your wife.

G. Don't be silly. You'll never get all those tildes past the TSA (Transportation Security Agency).

H. No. You've obviously forgotten the fiasco you caused when you tried it with another one in India.

I. Other answer. 

Posted - March 11, 2018

Responses

I am too uneasy in an aircraft. The last pilot I flew with crashed his plane, killing all 6 on board!
      March 11, 2018 10:35 AM MDT

What does your uneasiness have to do with it?  You're not invited. 
    __
      March 11, 2018 10:36 AM MDT

Good. Not going.
      March 11, 2018 10:44 AM MDT

Old School remarked:  If she can pay your expenses, why does she need you to rescue her?

And my remark? 

Do you have the Melania of your dreams in London, perhaps?  Is this a woman who doesn't think a deal through before accepting? 

That would be the only plausible reason for her to GIVE you money to rescue her.   I mean did you see the movie TAKEN with Liam?  Is that why you think you are up for the challenge of rescuing a woman abroad?

So, if the woman is ready for ANY champion, you might pass muster.   She has to be really dumb for this exchange unless (and I am sure there are) there are plenty of extenuating circumstances.

March 11, 2018 10:39 AM MDT

If we held a contest to see if you could answer or comment on ten consecutive posts without anymmention of Trump or Trump-related content, what would you pay the winner?  (By the way, you already know I'd bet against you.)

She doesn't need financial rescue for one thing, people pay private investigators and bodyguards and clean-up men and knuckle-busters every day for another thing, and finally, the Rand-Man doesn't work for free. 

~

March 11, 2018 10:47 AM MDT

I guess "she needed to be rescued" was my bad then.

I just assumed she needed a hero. 

I'm not SAYING anything.

As far as taking a bet I cannot go without discussing Trump.  Well, that is so easy.  The challenge is to be able to incorporate him INTO every answer.

Anyone can not talk about Trump.   What is the challenge in that?
      March 11, 2018 1:12 PM MDT

I believe it's called the "Stop beating the Dead Horse Challenge".

~
      March 11, 2018 1:34 PM MDT