Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » What is or was the age of the youngest celeb who became addicted to drugs, what was the drug, and what was the outcome? ~

What is or was the age of the youngest celeb who became addicted to drugs, what was the drug, and what was the outcome? ~

Posted - March 11, 2018

Responses

Anissa Jones died when she was 18.
    ('Buffy' on "Family Affair")

I knew she had died of an overdose but whether she was addicted, I don't know.
    Here are details of her death from a wikipedia article. (I know, sometimes they're not so accurate.)

UPDATE: Thriftymaid's answer reminded me that I, too, wanted to add to my answer that none of us will probably know for certain. And tom jackson made me think of Drew Barrymore. She'd probably be a better example of your question category.

(Jones' entire family had a rough go of things, according to this wikipedia thing)

Shortly before noon on August 28, 1976, after partying all night in the beach town of Oceanside, California, with her new boyfriend Allan "Butch" Koven and others, Jones was found dead in a bedroom of a house belonging to the father of a 14-year-old friend named Helen Hennessy.[4]:28 The coroner's report listed her death as a drug overdose, later ruled accidental;[6] cocainePCPQuaalude, and Seconal were found in her body during an autopsy toxicology examination. The police report also indicated a small vial of blue liquid next to Jones at the scene, which was never identified. The coroner who examined Jones reported she died from one of the most severe drug overdoses he had ever seen. Jones was 18 years old.[4]:28

Jones had no funeral. She was cremated, and her ashes were scattered over the Pacific Ocean.[6] She left $63,000 in cash and more than $100,000 in savings bonds when she died.

Six days after Jones' death, Dr. Don Carlos Moshos was arrested and charged with illegally prescribing Seconal to Jones,[7]among other drugs-for-profit charges from a concurrent undercover criminal investigation. An envelope with Moshos' business address was present at Jones' scene of death, specifying a drug found in Anissa's toxicology report (Seconal), its dosage (1.5 gr), quantity (50), and the recipient's last name (Jones). Moshos was charged with 11 offenses, including second-degree murder;[8] while awaiting trial, Moshos died of cancer by acute viral hepatitis on December 27, 1976, four months after Jones.[9] Although the murder charges were dropped before his death, Moshos' estate was sued by Jones' surviving family for $400,000; in July 1979, the verdict found him 30% liable and Jones 70% responsible for her death, and the resulting judgment was reduced to $79,500.

On March 15, 1984, Jones' brother Paul also died of a drug overdose. He was 24 years old.[4]:29 On January 14, 2012, their mother, Mary Paula Tweel, died in Detroit, Michigan. Jones' father, John Paul Jones, Sr., had died of heart failure on March 7, 1974, and there were no surviving heirs to the family name.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at March 11, 2018 4:55 PM MDT
      March 11, 2018 11:34 AM MDT

I doubt any of us could answer that with any certainty.
      March 11, 2018 4:13 PM MDT

I swear  - I meant to have that in my answer, too and forgot. I'll go add it now.
      March 11, 2018 4:35 PM MDT

Drew Barrymore comes to mind, but I presume there were some in the early days of movies that were never known publicly.

So it would come as a shock to millions to learn that Drew’s precocious movie stardom was accompanied by a more frightening precocity offscreen—a premature appetite for drinking and drugs. By her own admission in the following article, she had her first drink at 9, began smoking marijuana at 10 and at 12 took up cocaine. Now only 13, she has twice undergone extensive drug rehabilitation treatment.
      March 11, 2018 4:27 PM MDT

Why I didn't think of her, I don't know.
      March 11, 2018 4:37 PM MDT

Same reason I didn't think of "Buffy"---"I don't know."
      March 12, 2018 10:42 AM MDT

:)
      March 12, 2018 12:59 PM MDT

Lawrence Feetus

He was still in the womb and blammo, his mom was a crackhead and he came out addicted and a SUPERSTAR.

March 14, 2018 8:56 PM MDT