Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Do you think there's more good or more evil in the world?

Do you think there's more good or more evil in the world?

Posted - March 12, 2018

Responses

More good things happen than bad......but only bad things sells newspapers and media companies thrive on bad news 
      March 12, 2018 5:30 PM MDT

If there were more evil than good, we would not be talking to each other. 

There is much more good.  The evil looks like it is winning, but it is merely overpowering the weak. Temporarily.

Eternity is a long time.  It is a long flush and there is a big toilet bowl for people like this.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 4, 2018 8:23 PM MDT
      March 12, 2018 5:33 PM MDT

I think evil just gets more attention because most people are outraged by evil acts.
      March 12, 2018 7:17 PM MDT

Though the bible assures us that good will triumph over evil, the bible also informs us that the entire inhabited earth is being misled by Satan and his demons. (Revelation 12:7-9,12)
      March 13, 2018 11:50 PM MDT

Evil is usually thought of as that which is morally wrong, sinful, or wicked; however, the word evil can also refer to anything that causes harm, with or without the moral dimension. The word is used both ways in the Bible. Anything that contradicts the holy nature of God is evil. 

Psalm 51:4  "Against you, you only have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you may be justified in your words and blameless in your judgment"

Essentially, evil is a lack of goodness. Moral evil is not a physical thing; it is a lack or privation of a good thing. Moral evil is wrong done to others, and it can exist even when unaccompanied by external action. Murder is an evil action, but it has its start with the moral evil of hatred in the heart. (Matthew 5: 21-22).  Committing adultery is evil, but so is the moral evil of lust in the heart. (Matthew 5:27-28). So to answer your question, based upon what the Bible says, there is more evil than good in the world. Of course if folks don't care about what the Bible says then my answer amount's to a spit in the river. :)

March 14, 2018 4:35 PM MDT