Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » will conservatives become irrelevant in this progressive world we live in? what can they change to stay afloat?

will conservatives become irrelevant in this progressive world we live in? what can they change to stay afloat?

Majority of the population seems to have very liberal views. ask any person their opinion on social issues and it’s bound to be liberal. 

Posted - March 20, 2018

Responses

That's just in your world.  It isn't the same in everyone's.
      March 20, 2018 8:29 PM MDT

Define liberal and we will talk.

I wish there were liberal minds in both Conservative and the left.

You can be conservative and liberal and you can be left wing and liberal.

People of the extreme right are NUT BAGS just like the extreme left and neither are necessarily liberal.

Liberal is taking an issue (to me anyway) and "ALLOWING" for alternative compromise.  Nothing is black or white. 

You can be against abortion, yet allow for abortion in certain circumstances like life or death, or rape. That is LIBERAL but with a conservative bent.

March 20, 2018 9:54 PM MDT

Liberalism is a political philosophy of world view founded on ideas of liberty and equality.

Conservatism is a political and social philosophy promoting traditional social institutions in the  context of culture and civilization. 

Take it from there; anyway my thought is a preference for liberalism.

"Promoting traditional" means being told what to do  and think. This post was edited by Kittigate at March 21, 2018 9:24 AM MDT
      March 21, 2018 8:23 AM MDT

Conservatism has found new life in a world trending towards fascism?
      March 21, 2018 11:40 PM MDT

Perhaps we don't mouth off as much. But of course - there will always be room for voices for freedom and practical wisdom and hard work and sacrifice. And against totalitarianism/government control.   
      March 22, 2018 5:13 AM MDT

You are wrong. Liberals seem to control most news media, and they lie to support their agendas. Mark Twain said that statistics was one form of lie. Liberal media just invented figures to claim most people are liberal, but it is not true. Liberals have gone to such extremes that they have alienated sensible humans.
      April 8, 2018 1:55 PM MDT