Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Why do you smell like peanut butter? ~

Why do you smell like peanut butter? ~

Posted - March 22, 2018

Responses

I got some on my hand when I was hurling the jar into the trash with all of the violence I could summon.

(I hate peanut butter, it's not food, it's baby cack).
      March 22, 2018 6:29 AM MDT

Lol, a truly Australian perspective!  I remember it well when I was in Perth and Fremantle.  Aussies tried to offer me vegamite, an absolutely putrid and inedible substance that should be used only to lube the treads of armored vehicles. I countered with delicious, wonderful peanut butter, and they ran me out of town with my hair on fire. 
    ~
      March 22, 2018 6:34 AM MDT

Compared to PB, Vegemite is ambrosial. Good for you too, it's loaded with B group vitamins.
    The mistake most Americans make it to slather it on as thick as the bread - and that's a practical joke we play on you, too. The trick is to spread it thinly.
    Pb is the chemical symbol for lead, which is toxic. Coincidence?
      March 22, 2018 6:42 AM MDT

I love peanut butter so much that I could bathe in it. 
    :)
      March 22, 2018 6:46 AM MDT

High in fat and a well-known allergen, people have gone into anaphylactic shock and DIED from eating it. Vegemite has never killed anyone.
    The mental image I just got of a naked old guy with peanut butter dripping off his wang doesn't make it more appetizing, quite the reverse, actually. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at March 22, 2018 7:15 AM MDT
      March 22, 2018 6:51 AM MDT

Weak people have died from it. 

~
      March 22, 2018 7:17 AM MDT

What about if a one ton case of os the stuff fell on someone and completly flattened them.....Vegemite kill em then ?    :(
      March 22, 2018 2:10 PM MDT

Peanut butter is nothing but peanuts unless you buy the crappy commercial stuff.  It should never have an ingredient list any longer than "roasted peanuts."  I can't imagine what vegmite is but the name doesn't make me want to know.
      March 23, 2018 1:09 AM MDT

Concentrated yeast extract. Strictly an acquired taste, all Australians acquire it. The trick is to spread it thinly.
    Peanut allergies are common, I never heard of anyone being allergic to vitamin B.
      March 23, 2018 1:57 AM MDT

• I bought a bag of Reese's peanut butter cups yesterday at Target and I've been pigging out on them ever since :P
      March 22, 2018 9:26 AM MDT

Once I went 18 months without eating any sugar at all.  On Halloween I bought a bag of Reese Cups and early in the evening I opened the bag and sat it by the front door.  I was studying in the kitchen and I kept thinking about having one.  Eventually I did.  Then I had another one.  And another.  I finally turned off the porch light and made coffee.  I ate them all and was sick, but oh how good they were.  I haven't had them in a long time but as far as supermarket candy, they are the best in my opinion. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at March 23, 2018 9:30 AM MDT
      March 23, 2018 1:12 AM MDT