Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I think in England cops do NOT carry loaded weapons. Why not have that "safety feature" in the US? Or eliminate cops/start over. Any ideas?

I think in England cops do NOT carry loaded weapons. Why not have that "safety feature" in the US? Or eliminate cops/start over. Any ideas?

They keep killing unarmed people because they fear for their lives. A few years ago they murdered a 14-year-old black boy who had a water pistol. Second after they got out of the car he was dead. With the newest victim who was carrying a cell phone they shot him 20 TIMES. If that isn't panicked fear I don't know what is. The system doesn't work. We need a new one. Otherwise the murders will continue unabated.

Posted - March 24, 2018

Responses

Cops in America have to have guns for their safty and the safty of the public but they don't need a mute button on their recording devices nor does the public. Cheers and happy weekend!
      March 24, 2018 10:31 AM MDT

I don't understand why Nanoose. In England they don't. Why is America so dependent on loaded weapons? Muting  the audio portion means they KNEW they did a very bad thing. Thank you for your reply and Happy sunday! :)
      March 25, 2018 2:16 AM MDT

There us no open carry by armed police here in England ....all uniformed bobbies that walk the streets and most that drive about in cars are not  armed .....I'm sure that saves many lives as no matter points the gun there are always those that get killed....
    English police have shot and killed many over the past decades ...even very very young childred as they slept in bed...old men just walking down an east London street....an innocent guy sleeping in bed when the police broke into the wrong apartment...in that case the plain clothed policeman was not even fire armed trained....

Far better that the majority of the police are not armed.....like America ,there would be so many more ilegal killings where no one gets prosecuted for their crimes...  
      March 24, 2018 2:00 PM MDT

I think whatever the system is of choosing who can be sanctioned to carry a loaded weapon and who can't sucks big time. The tests should be about the stability of the person as well as whatever else is tested. The character and the constitution and the way in which he/she interacts with people. Weed out the hot dawgs and hot shots and racists and bigots who are afraid of their own shadow. There are way too many of them out there which means something is very wrong with the methodology. Thank you for your reply D and Happy Sunday to thee. I guess there is no 100% certain way to weed bad cops. You know the ones who are corrupt. I wonder what kind of test would THAT take? :(
      March 25, 2018 2:20 AM MDT

You don't have to be corrupt to be trigger happy Rosie......fear and nerves make people fire first and think later ...

How can any police man fire 20 bullets into one person if he wasn't out of control ..

There was a case I watched a video on ytube where a policeman stood on a car bonnet and fired 40 odd bullets
    into an unarmed black middle aged  married  couple ...  He had to reload seven times while other police looked on...
      March 25, 2018 2:43 AM MDT

Oh my gawd D! I don't remember how many times through the years I have said on Answerbag and on Answermug I CAHN'T STEND IT! The degree/depth/breadth/width to which people are capable of evil is unbelievable but one must believe what one witnesses with one's own eyes. SIGH. So you just have to be a crackpot. How do we weed out crackpots/the corrupt from jobs that legalize their carrying loaded weapons and sanction their murdering unarmed people? Any ideas? Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)
      March 26, 2018 4:26 AM MDT

I don't have an issue with arming police, especially in the US where the miscreants they deal with will almost certainly also be armed. However, dash/body cams should be mandatory for all officers who carry guns - and it should be an offense (instantly fired, no excuses) to switch them off at any time while on duty. Justine Damond would probably still be alive if this was the case in Minneapolis. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at March 26, 2018 4:26 AM MDT
      March 25, 2018 6:57 AM MDT

How do the English police survive without carrying loaded weapons Sbf? Are you saying American criminals are more dangerous that the Brits? I'm gonna ask.  Thank you for your reply m'dear!  :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 27, 2018 2:40 AM MDT
      March 26, 2018 4:27 AM MDT

Much. It's harder and a LOT more expensive to obtain guns in a society that doesn't have them. A gun that costs a few hundred dollars at Wal-Mart can demand tens of thousands of dollars on the UK or Australian black market.
    The British do have armed SWAT teams to handle those situations where criminals are known to be armed. Your average run-of-the-mill policing doesn't require it, so a "Bobby" (nicknamed after the founder of the London Police, Sir Robert Peel) carries a truncheon rather than a gun - and rarely has to use it. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at March 27, 2018 2:41 AM MDT
      March 26, 2018 4:57 PM MDT

Thank you for the new word Sbf. I've heard "truncheon" before but never bothered to look it up. A club used by cops. Your response gave me an idea. If we had a government that gave a sh** about lives it could put a "death" tax on guns of, say, 1000% or 10,000%. Right? So that would eliminate lotsa folks. Only the wealthy could afford to buy them. I'm gonna ask.  Thank you for the info about why a cop in England is referred to as a Bobby. I appreciate it. Happy Tuesday m'dear! :)
      March 27, 2018 2:44 AM MDT

Can we put a 10,000% tax on abortion, which kills far more than guns?
      March 27, 2018 5:57 AM MDT

I'd rather have cops who can do more than use polite language like 'Pardon me, sir, but would you mind terribly putting that weapon down and surrendering peacefully?'
      March 26, 2018 7:14 PM MDT