Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What strategies do you have/can you recommend for enduring a situation that is really difficult but where you have little choice to endure?

What strategies do you have/can you recommend for enduring a situation that is really difficult but where you have little choice to endure?

I am thinking maybe soothing pictures? words? Poem? Physical object that when you look at it you feel soothed and calmed? Maybe a tune? Or?  

Posted - March 29, 2018

Responses

For me, it's having someone I trust to talk out my feelings.  I also like to read whatever I can about anything that is hanging me up.  Anything to make me feel less isolated with something troubling me is a big help.
      March 29, 2018 3:18 PM MDT

Excellent strategies :) What if it's a situation that's only just bearable, but you have to be there and endure it.. wondering what I can do to help get me through while I am there... 
      March 29, 2018 3:23 PM MDT

Well, I know there are ways to manage a panic attack which may help you in your situation, whatever that may be.  You learn to focus on an object in the room or any aspect of your surroundings, allowing your emotions to pass.  
      March 29, 2018 3:28 PM MDT

I highly recommend to learn to lean completely on God's Almighty power and holy spirit. There is nothing he can't handle, and there is no problem too big he can't solve. "Do not be anxious over anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving, let your petitions be made known to God; and the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your mental powers by means of Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6,7)
      April 12, 2018 10:05 PM MDT