Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Should we learn from history? This Italian woman is warning us:

Responses

exactly..

March 30, 2018 6:40 PM MDT

Amazing how politics can turn a mass killer into a fount of wisdom.
      March 30, 2018 9:26 PM MDT

did you notice that in the Maryland shooting it was stopped rather quickly... that could have been much worse.  go ahead and don't exercise your right to defend yourself...its on you...and its your business as long as you don't run around commiting crimes, if you choose to exercise your right.
    Amazing how willing people want to give up that right because someone tells them to want to.
    Last I heard...those kids were complaining that they lost their right not to be allowed to carry a bookbag that's not see thru....I think its a good idea..and should keep them safer since they cant hide weapons in them anymore. This post was edited by maggie at March 31, 2018 3:32 PM MDT
      March 30, 2018 9:32 PM MDT

Stalin also said the same thing.
      March 31, 2018 10:52 AM MDT

well...not on such a large scale...but here in Nevada a few years ago government wanted to claim property for their own...and would have had they not met with resistance. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundy_standoff
      March 31, 2018 11:05 AM MDT

• I'd really love to learn history unadulterated.  That would be grand.
      March 30, 2018 7:02 PM MDT

That's all messed up.

We do not want to disarm anybody.  We want to know who has what guns.  And we don't want people to have assault rifles.

This is not the end of anyone's freedom.

GOD.  Give it a rest already.

We have more guns in this country than any 10 countries.  Do you realize this?  We have way too many.  Any country in the world EVEN ITALY would agree.  We have overkill.
      March 30, 2018 8:49 PM MDT

its our right to have them if we choose to...as long as were law abiding citizens....you really think criminals are going to tell you what they have? This post was edited by maggie at March 31, 2018 3:34 PM MDT
      March 30, 2018 8:58 PM MDT

that's a valid point.....we have many guns..BUT....if they were all going to be used for mass shootings....don't you think there'd be a lot more dead? Cars kill more teens than mass shooters every year...so does alcohol.EVERY year..which isn't legal for them to have....lets don't even bother to start talking about  street drugs...which are illegal at any age....how many lives did making them illegal save so far this year? This post was edited by maggie at March 31, 2018 3:34 PM MDT
      March 30, 2018 9:43 PM MDT

Maggie. It is a cult.  You know marketing?  You know how women used to be desired when they had an hourglass figure in the 50's.  Then we were commanded by FASHION to lose all of it and become anorexic?

There is a community of retards.  There is no other word for people who just want to co-exist in front of their FOX NEWS stations and say what their neighbors say and think what their neighbors think.  If they want to be boring and just vegetate. FINE.  Don't vote for our leaders. You don't lead. You follow.  And you are dangerous.

You follow the leader.  And if that leader lies and tells you that ignorant racist viewpoints are what keeps this country great, and that guns are the real reason for being at your neighbor's backyard shootout, then I feel very sorry for you.   You know.  Target practice at the neighbors and everyone can compare GUNS.  Like idiots have sportscars well past their prime, well rednecks have GUNS to show their tribal unity with other like-minded idiots.   Wow when is the NEXT gun show?  How interesting.  Bring at least a 12-pack to numb the utter boredom of such a ridiculous event.  What do they talk about?  Their pretend knowledge of how important guns are?  WOW.  My gun is so expensive.  My gun is only for the best marksman.  Kneel down and worship me.

There is MORE to life than going by Ralph and Sally's and bringing the kids for a good old fashioned shoot out with rifles and targets.  Look how great Billy shoots.

I watch REAL TV, Maggie.  I watch documentaries with real people telling stories of how their kid murdered another kid with a gun, a knife, anything.  

I watch kids go nuts because of pressure and not being able to explain to idiot parents that they are hurting. They take the symbol of their rage out on anything in their path.  So, they go to school with daddy's rifle.  It is not the GUN that is bad.  It is the kid and the parents allowing this to occur.  Of course.  A knife can kill.  Unless this kid is an olympian knife thrower, there is no way he can off maybe more than one or two other kids before he is jumped and taken down.   There is no NKA (National KNIFE Association)  There is a NRA. 

This weapon should not be in a house. And if it is, there should not be any way a kid can get at it.  PERIOD.

That is the TRUTH of it.  So if Daddy wants a gun, that gun needs to be registered and DADDY BETTER HAVE A DAMNED GOOD LAWYER AND A DAMNED GOOD REASON WHY junior got his hand on his prized trophy.

This is at the root of it.  This is not taking away your car, Maggie.  This is taking away a weapon we had no business acting like we are entitle to own in the first place. Not when so much is being made of it.

These are dangerous and the only people backing this are the Billionaires making a fortune from controlling the NRA money and there is TRILLIONS.

TRILLIONS.

OKAY?  Put the gun away and go join a nice yoga meditation class and realize that most of mankind is NOT your enemy.  No muslim hadjii terrorist is going to attack you or anyone else and the worst enemy you have is that gun stashed in your closet controlling your every thought about your right to own it.

OKAY? This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 1, 2018 12:36 PM MDT
      April 1, 2018 12:21 PM MDT

lol...did jimmy kimmel tell you to think that way? judging by your other post...you put people who are  paid to do and say as theyre told ...in a god like status.... it just makes no sense to me. lets talk about cult like. Can you please give me JUST 1 reason other than why you don't like trump or because shes a woman why you would like everyone to believe hillary would have been a great president? you were cool with hillary stealing the vote from Bernie...and irritated that she couldn't with trump...although the media assured you she  won. and you sat in front of the tv and believed every word you heard.

This post was edited by maggie at April 1, 2018 12:55 PM MDT
      April 1, 2018 12:34 PM MDT

I know people say they don't want to disarm anybody. But then they say NRA is a terrorist group. And let's ban this "assault rifle".

What exactly is the difference between an "assault rifle" and a rifle?
      March 31, 2018 10:50 AM MDT

I'll tell you. NOTHING. So ban them BOTH.

You are not going to save the world by having rifles in your house.  AND if you do?  You'd better have registered the thing and make sure no one else can touch it without YOUR permission, because if you DO?  YOU are responsible. 

OKAY?

YOU are RESPONSIBLE for that WEAPON.  Just like you are responsible if I borrow your car and I kill someone.

I want to know who bought it, and I want to know who you sell it to and I want a background check.  Just like we do when we buy anything dangerous.  LIKE a CAR????

Rifles are not going to keep the enemy away.  That was 50 years ago and even then, no one was going to stop Nazis from infiltrating your house if they decided to overtake you.   They are HERE NOW thanks to you and the GOP egging them on. 

April 1, 2018 9:31 AM MDT

April 1, 2018 1:01 PM MDT

Please read what I just wrote to Maggie, My 2.  That is why. 
      April 1, 2018 12:29 PM MDT

Actually, disarming the law abiding citizen is exactly what the gun grabbers want to do. Their agenda is quite clear. They know it and the pro-rights people know it. Assault weapons are bad? Well no they aren't. Assault is not a weapon, it's a type of behavior. Something many folks forget. The only thing unique about "assault rifles" is their menacing name and look, and it is these elements that make them such an appealing target of gun control advocates. As a matter of functionality, these guns are just like other rifles. The gun isn't the problem. The mental deficient pulling the trigger is the problem. The warning signs given out by these mass shooters were many. But for the most part were either shrugged off or totally ignored by those who could have done something. Because they were, look what happened. Had they been heeded, most of the shootings could have been avoided. So who is to blame here, the guns or the people who pulled the trigger and the people who ignored the warning signs?

April 1, 2018 12:10 PM MDT

Ae you sure she is Italian? The Italian constitution have nothing like the second amendment.
      March 31, 2018 5:24 AM MDT

She is talking about our 2nd amendment. I am sure she is aware of it. There are many people on AM who are not American who know about and oppose our 2nd amendment. She is just a non-American who supports it.
      March 31, 2018 10:48 AM MDT

I looked into it, and it turns out she is 3rd or 4th generation Italian-American, from an old Mafia family (she say so in her twitter profile), so yes she no doubt learned a lot about the 2nd amendment in school This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at March 31, 2018 1:52 PM MDT
      March 31, 2018 1:06 PM MDT

Either way American or not....she is right about the history.
      March 31, 2018 1:52 PM MDT

Just because you are Italian, doesn't mean you are Italy or its politics.  Which change as the dictators change.

April 1, 2018 12:11 PM MDT