Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Maurice214
Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Questions » Business » Have you noticed bank tellers no longer provide a pen for you to sign any checks or papers?

Have you noticed bank tellers no longer provide a pen for you to sign any checks or papers?

If you don't have your own pen they will sell you a cheap Bic pen for $2.00. Rip-off!

Happy APRIL FOOL'S!

Posted - April 1, 2018

Responses

My bank always has two pens at the 
    bench where people have access to
    deposit slips etc.
         I stay away from banks that are
    not my bank. Some won't sell you a roll of quarters
    or give you change for the parking meter
    unless you are a member of that bank.
    Some community service. Others will
    charge me ten dollars to cash one of their checks,
    from one of their members. Yikes, no thanks.
      April 1, 2018 9:03 AM MDT

• At banks in my geolocation anyone who doesn't have an account can't even acquire penny-wrappers.
      April 1, 2018 12:18 PM MDT

That has not been my experience. Perhaps it's coming, but so far, it has not yet happened. 
    ~
      April 1, 2018 10:58 AM MDT

What country is this you live in?   Checks?  Are you sure you still don't use Cheques?

I have a Debit card and a checking and savings account and an Automatic Teller.   I've never had to sign a check at a bank for any reason.

I do use checks, but not for a bank purpose???

April 1, 2018 11:04 AM MDT

Bank tellers are an endangered species, never mind the pens. 
      April 1, 2018 11:26 AM MDT

• That's not true.  My bank gives free pens. 
      April 1, 2018 11:48 AM MDT

Banks are so generous and giving and welcoming.  After all, without us, they would have to rob  from the richer than us.  That is harder than just the average non-billionaire.
      April 1, 2018 11:51 AM MDT

• That's why we keep putting our money in them. 
      April 1, 2018 12:05 PM MDT

The reason we keep putting money in them, is we have little choice, it seems.  At least until we figure out another way to manage our currency on a global level. 

April 1, 2018 12:10 PM MDT

• We should not be in such a rush to reach that level of stupidity.
      April 1, 2018 12:14 PM MDT

Not in my world.  My bank(s) have free pens at the counter.  I always use my own though.....no germs.
      April 1, 2018 4:59 PM MDT

No "germs"?  Are you serious?  Oh God.  Not one of those.   Do you have any idea how uncomfortable that makes the rest of the world having to worry constantly that you think you are being infected, when there is NOTHING BUT germs everywhere?

The germs in your purse and on your pen are just as plentiful AND harmful as the ones in the bank.  Give it up already and take a relax pill.

April 1, 2018 5:44 PM MDT