Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Amelie is one messed up movie!

Amelie is one messed up movie!

I decided to give it a watch because I heard a lot about how it's a good movie and I cannot finish the first few minutes of it! It showed an egged being fertilized, a naked woman's progression through pregancy, and a graphic scene of a woman giving birth.

Seriously, wtf? This is disgusting I don't see why people would watch it. *gag*

Posted - April 3, 2018

Responses

It's for people who don't know about all that kind of stuff. 
      April 3, 2018 5:06 PM MDT

• They should've saved that stuff for sex ed though
      April 3, 2018 5:23 PM MDT

I've not seen "Amelie."
    :)

But your question, Chickie, reminds me of a movie -- I forget the title now, even - - about which I heard fantastic things. It started out with some boys blowing up a frog.

No thanks.

EDIT : I just looked up the title -- "The Reflecting Skin" This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at October 22, 2018 6:01 AM MDT
      April 3, 2018 6:27 PM MDT

• That's awful I don't understand why people are fond of weird gross movies
      April 3, 2018 6:56 PM MDT

I have to admit I've liked my fair share of weird - and even gross - movies but somehow that frog scene was enough for me to stop the movie and never watch it again.
      April 3, 2018 7:04 PM MDT

The only movie that freaked BOTH my wife and daughter out was "It". My wife is arachnophobic, my daughter has it for clowns. When Pennywise morphed into a giant spider, that got both of them.
    The movie didn't bother me, the book made me want to chunder. What the kids did to keep Pennywise down the first time - they COULDN'T film that bit.
      April 3, 2018 7:36 PM MDT

• I didn't like the modern remake This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 11, 2018 8:01 AM MDT
      April 3, 2018 7:37 PM MDT

• The only movie I know about with that title is a highly rated French comedy starring actress AudreyTautou. I don't think you're referring to that. 
      June 16, 2018 7:40 PM MDT