Discussion » Questions » Sports » Has a sporting scandal ever driven everything else off the front page where you are?

Has a sporting scandal ever driven everything else off the front page where you are?

Everyone in Australia is talking about the "ball tampering scandal". Three cricketers have received long bans, including the national captain.

Posted - April 3, 2018

Responses

Deflate-Gate. 
    ~
      April 3, 2018 8:44 PM MDT

Yep.  I can forgive Tom Brady almost anything because he is the best quarterback I have ever seen.  And I don't even like football. 

But he liked Trump, so I don't trust him.  That football thing is common among jerk football teams I hear.  Pranking is supposedly not that uncommon, but liking Donald Trump is a big HUGE flaw.
      April 4, 2018 12:59 AM MDT

The entire country was distracted for a while because people were kneeling before some ball game. There were demands to pass laws requiring them to stand.
      April 3, 2018 9:17 PM MDT

SICK. IMPEACH THAT CREEP.  That is the only law that matters and Mueller is going to see that it happens.

Sorry, that story just really makes me sick.  Not you, the story.  Imagine having to pay a fine or do JAIL time because you don't stand at a fun event?    This is not Nazi Germany, TRUMP, you sick moron.

Thank you.  This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 4, 2018 7:46 AM MDT
      April 4, 2018 1:01 AM MDT

How about a coach?  I know this is not about sports, per se, but the only thing that came to mind was deflate gate and Randy beat me to it.

The Penn State child sex abuse scandal started with Jerry Sandusky, an assistant American football coach for the Penn State Nittany Lions, engaging in sexual abuse of children over a period of at least 15 years. Sandusky had located and groomed victims through his charity organization, The Second Mile. The scandal broke in early November 2011 when Sandusky was indicted on 52 counts of child molestation. Although Sandusky's abuse may have begun in the 1970s, he was charged with abuse that occurred between 1994 and 2009.[1] Additionally, three Pennsylvania State University (Penn State) school officials (including school president Graham Spanier and athletic director Tim Curley) were charged with perjury, obstruction of justice, failure to report suspected child abuse, and related charges.[2] Shortly after the scandal broke, Spanier resigned. The Penn State Board of Trustees terminated the contracts of Curley and of the longtime head football coach, Joe Paterno.
      April 4, 2018 1:05 AM MDT