Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » MY God tells me to love people. Did the Evangelical's God tell them to let our citizens in Puerto Rico starve to death without electricity?

MY God tells me to love people. Did the Evangelical's God tell them to let our citizens in Puerto Rico starve to death without electricity?

Posted - April 4, 2018

Responses

Highly doubtful. And I seriously doubt that your "God" or any imaginary being is capable of telling anyone anything.
      April 4, 2018 7:46 AM MDT

So you love Donald Trump, correct?
    ~
      April 4, 2018 8:10 AM MDT

Not sure how you can claim that evangelicals were responsible for either the hurricane that destroyed power or the very shaky infrastructure there that made it susceptible to destruction.  Seems simply a matter of blaming anyone you don't happen to like or agree with for everything bad that happens. This post was edited by officegirl at April 6, 2018 12:25 PM MDT
      April 5, 2018 8:36 AM MDT

It's the first hurricane in the history of the planet, and it was conjured up by Republicans.  Everyone knows that. 

[Insert eye-roll here.]
      April 5, 2018 10:11 AM MDT

LOL.
      April 5, 2018 11:39 AM MDT

The "Christian Evangelicals" response to humaitarian crises is on a par with the Catholic Church's response to paedophilia. It's not what they did, it's what they DIDN'T do. Ignoring a problem is not the way to deal with it.
    The King will reply, "Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for Me." (Matt 25:45)
      April 9, 2018 11:45 PM MDT

Many religious leaders have taught that natural disasters are a form of punishment from God.  Not only is this ignorance at its best from those who claim to know the bible, but it's also slander and blasphemy.
      April 9, 2018 11:29 PM MDT