Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
Spunky
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Would it be safe to ride a wheelchair traveling 60 mph?

Would it be safe to ride a wheelchair traveling 60 mph?

Remove the electric motor and install a powerhouse gas engine,  brakes and a windscreen. Traveling on the sidewalks and streets is too slow to go visit friends or family living 20 miles away;  lot faster to take the freeway.

Posted - April 4, 2018

Responses

For some.  Some people know how to NAVIGATE QUICKLY.  Race car drivers would know how to learn how.

ME?   I would be too scared.  I would never learn.  That's like telling me to learn how to ride a motorcycle.  You don't want me on one. 

April 4, 2018 9:45 AM MDT

Needs bigger front wheels and a windscreen. 
      April 4, 2018 9:59 AM MDT

• It would fly to pieces in seconds from all the friction.  By the time you could make one road-worthy you would have built a car.
      April 4, 2018 9:45 AM MDT

There is a reason racing cars are low and long. they need a broad (and long) wheelbase to keep the car from turning over over when they accelerate, brake or make a turn.

Wheelchairs are PARTICULARLY bad design for driving. Their center of gravity is high ca a foot above the seat, and the wheels are close together so they can quite easily be tipped in any direction. Go slow with the wheelchair please
      April 4, 2018 12:05 PM MDT

Yeah.. at least with a gas engine and a tank of gas i'll get better range than with a battery that has to be recharged alla time. 
      April 4, 2018 12:44 PM MDT

Yes....just get on a train in Japan while your inone ....then youcan do Two hundred MPH plus in yours....:) 
      April 4, 2018 12:58 PM MDT