Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What can you identify as a glaring hypocrisy in today’s world?

What can you identify as a glaring hypocrisy in today’s world?

Posted - April 7, 2018

Responses

The same society that decries violence and deplores the ravages of drug abuse also elevates the most violent movies to box-office gold and glamorizes the consumption of both illicit and prescription drugs. Yes, I'm referring to modern-day United States of America.
    ~

April 7, 2018 7:13 AM MDT

Michael Haneke would most likely agree with your movie violence thoughts. Yours and similar thoughts are some reasons director Michael Haneke wrote and directed the movie "Funny Games." I highly recommend the original 1997 version of the movie. I haven't seen Haneke's remake of the same movie.
      April 25, 2018 11:16 AM MDT

I will cite one that we might all relate to: 
    The continued support of Conservative Evangelicals for Donald Trump, whose own life and example (greed, racism, narcissism, dishonesty, philandering) is so diametrically contrary to their stated beliefs and values. 
      April 7, 2018 8:15 AM MDT

Bad form, dude. If you merely wanted to make this statement, there's an actual "Statements Section" available here, and even a "Blog Section". Posting a question just for the sake of answering it yourself, while not against the rules, is frowned upon by the community sort of like an unwritten rule. Another option for you is to place this statement in the "Description" field just below the "Tag" field. You may do that at any time, even now if you wish to, by selecting "Edit Description".

:|

April 7, 2018 11:21 PM MDT

Unless it's a set up for a joke, I've done that once or twice.
      April 7, 2018 11:23 PM MDT

Fortunately, all that isn’t up to you.

In trying to advance the discussion, it sometimes becomes useful to interject examples of the topic to encourage participation, though seemingly futile with this crowd. 

Frown all you like, it is of no concern to me. This post was edited by Don Barzini at April 9, 2018 7:17 AM MDT
      April 8, 2018 5:11 AM MDT

• That people who claim to be for "small government" only are so when it serves their own political biases and desires; in other ways they support a stronger, bigger government. It's an opportunistic and disingenuous form of virtue-signalling. I take it with a grain of salt when anyone claims to be so. 
      April 7, 2018 9:26 AM MDT

criminal charges for the collateral death of an unborn child by the same goons who profess the right of a mother to kill that same unborn child
      April 7, 2018 10:35 PM MDT

Those who excoriate businesses that move their manufacturing overseas to take advantage of cheap labor when the goods in their own businesses are made in those same countries.
      April 9, 2018 7:19 AM MDT