Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Y'all are not gonna get your wall. You're gonna get the National Guard at your borders. Will that satisfy you?

Y'all are not gonna get your wall. You're gonna get the National Guard at your borders. Will that satisfy you?

What will? If they kill border crossers? Would you like a monthly report letting you know how many border crossers were killed? Will that sate your passion to get rid of them? What will it take to make you happy campers?  Do you even know or do you have to wait for donjohn to tell you and he has to wait for Fox News to tell him what he should think/do/say? Tinkers to Evers to Chance. Being at the end of the line is fine. You're happy there. SIGH.

Posted - April 7, 2018

Responses

• You know that in an answer to one of your questions some time back, I advocated using the military on the border. I still do and I'm glad that I came out for this long before it became a prominent item in the news. They don't call them National Guard for no reason. By the way, don't be so quick to count out the wall just yet. What will you do when we get both in place? I'm really tired of repeating myself on this, but nobody wants these people dead. We want the law enforced. This is NOT immigration. This is an illegal activity and  it needs to be stopped. We're tired of paying the price for you folks on the left having a bought and paid for voting bloc.
      April 7, 2018 12:36 PM MDT

Thank you for your fair and balanced reply ub. I can always count on you for that. You are not one of the right-wing Conservatives who always insult Dems/Liberals/Lefties. Keep it up. It suits you. Happy Sunday.
      April 8, 2018 2:28 AM MDT

Well, if enough are stationed along the border to be no more than 6 feet apart, it might work.

At six feet apart, that would mean we need 1,719, 520 national guardsmen. (As of June 30, 2017 we had 434,618.)

However, they (we) only have "effective control" of less than 700 miles (1,100 km) of the 1,954 miles (3,145 km) of total border, with an ability to actually prevent or stop illegal entries along 129 miles (208 km) of that border.  (Internet)

On a more serious note, I don't know what would work.

April 7, 2018 1:52 PM MDT

Geez tom you are priceless! Leave it to you to figure out the nitty gritty stats! I giggled bigly. I'm still giggling. Jim is looking at me very oddly. I keep giggling. So we would need four times as many bodies  plus to do the job then? What would THAT cost? Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday. From all reports the numbers of folks trying to cross is down significantly. I don't know why anyone would WANT to come to America while goofydoofylucy is in charge. No one can be THAT desperate. I'm gonna ask. :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 8, 2018 2:13 AM MDT
      April 8, 2018 2:13 AM MDT

I hear that there are not that many trying to cross the border anymore.
    They better make sure it's worth their while before they guard it for nothing.
      April 7, 2018 2:56 PM MDT

Well maybe all the tariffs will sink America into a depression and all the Mexicans will want to go back to Mexico. Then the National guards can stop them and charge a $100 crossing fee so in the long run it might not be for nothing. Cheers and happy weekend!
      April 7, 2018 6:12 PM MDT

You are endlessly creative Nanoose. That head of yours is always calculating something.  Almost every single time what you figure out is very sensible, practical, reasonable and logical. This is one of those times. We might make a couple hundred bucks  day that way! Every dime helps. Wonder what it will cost to pay our National Guard to be border cops? Thank you for your reply and Happy Sundaym'dear! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 8, 2018 2:26 AM MDT
      April 8, 2018 2:23 AM MDT

That sounds like a plan.
    Happy Sunday.
      April 8, 2018 11:07 AM MDT

Well we all know that the goofydoofylucy is a performer. This is a theatrical gesture meant to impress his small base of worshippers. He KNOWS he will never get the money  for the wall. Not even his own Republican toadies are that stupid dumb. So he goes into a dramatic gesture  to show how tough he is.  That there are fewer and fewer coming here is meaningless. What sane person wants to come to an America that is controlled by a goofydoofylucy? Thank you for your reply Lulu'sMom and Happy Sunday !
      April 8, 2018 2:20 AM MDT

With all the drama I probably wouldn't come here either if I didn't already live here.
    happy Sunday Rosie!
      April 8, 2018 11:10 AM MDT

Why not just use border collies -isn't that what those dogs do? Guard borders.
      April 8, 2018 11:20 AM MDT

• let’s do this 
    just release thousands of border collies to protect the border 
      April 8, 2018 11:45 AM MDT

I want a wall. I want the border secure if National Guard works then that is fine for now. But must be a more permanent solution later.
      April 8, 2018 11:33 AM MDT

• skeleton army
      April 8, 2018 11:36 AM MDT

Ya but skeletons can't hold their liquor (sometimes in the desert solders pass a flask of booze around). Cheers! 
      April 8, 2018 11:51 AM MDT