Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Careful. Purposeful. Disciplined. Thoughtful. Dignified. Intelligent. Traits we need in a president. What else?

Careful. Purposeful. Disciplined. Thoughtful. Dignified. Intelligent. Traits we need in a president. What else?

Posted - April 11, 2018

Responses

I cannot focus on presidents at all the way you do.  They are just regular people and they are in and then they are gone. And I was brought up you may not agree with them but you respect them while they are in.  You vote for the person who comes closest to what you believe.  The only candidate I ever really deeply admired was Mitt Romney. But I ca find things good or bad about them all I guess if I tried.  Bush (the younger) was too idealistic.  I liked Kerry, who ran against him, though I did not care for what Kerry did later under Obama. Obama was very judicious which I admired while Trump lets it all hang out.  But Trump had more respect for the great institutions of this country while Obama was at best suspicious of them. Reagan I didn't like at all and voted against him but in the years since I have come to appreciate him.  Jimmy Carter I thought was an interesting and compassionate person.  But now I am approaching old age and they are just mostly a passing parade like TV shows that are on for a few years and then no more.  My life goes on as it always has and they are just figures way in the background. 
      April 11, 2018 6:50 AM MDT

Very thoughtful analysis. You maintain a distance from it. I am right in the middle of it. Our aging takes us on different paths. I was never in my life more engaged in politics than I am now at the age of 80. There has never been a (FITB) like doofygoofylucy as prez. Different times call for different measures. But bottom line different strokes for different folks. Thank you for your reply og and Happy Thursday to thee.
      April 12, 2018 4:40 AM MDT

Hard working - a president is supposed to be working 24/7 Trump starts his work day at 11:30 AM and takes almost ever weekend off. Cheers!
      April 11, 2018 8:46 AM MDT

He watches Fox news for hours every day. He believes everything Sean Hannity says plus all the conspiracy theory crackpots. He tweets obsessively. He eats too much. He plays golf. If he can fit it into his schedule he plays prez now and then once in awhile but otherwise the guy has the same schedule 24/7. What a loser! Thank you for your reply Nanoose!  :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 12, 2018 4:36 AM MDT
      April 12, 2018 4:35 AM MDT