Active Now

Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Smug Marky Zuckybergy doesn't have to obey any laws, does he? Don't you just love Smug Marky Zuckybergy? American Dream or NIGHTMARE?

Smug Marky Zuckybergy doesn't have to obey any laws, does he? Don't you just love Smug Marky Zuckybergy? American Dream or NIGHTMARE?

#HASH

Posted - April 11, 2018

Responses

I saw a clip and enjoyed seeing him squirm under Cruz's questioning.
      April 11, 2018 9:29 PM MDT

Americans give lip service to freedom 
    until somebody does something 
    actually free. Then they start saying 
    "Uh oh, we gotta put a stop to that!"
      April 12, 2018 2:57 AM MDT

I am a product.
      April 12, 2018 9:10 PM MDT

He ignored the UK Government's request for him to attend a cross-party Parliamentary Select Committee inquiry in the wake of the revelation of Cambridge Analytica's use of Facebook data.

I can't decide if he was being contemptuous, arrogant or just cowardly. Or any thereof. No-one was saying he would face criminal charges, as it is not a legal investigation; but these Select Committees are civilised but tough when necessary, often with questions asked by MPs with particular knowledge of the general field of enquiry. The proceedings are open to journalists, too.

BTW, No I don't use Facebook. I do not need it anyway, and its real purpose - data-harvesting - has never been a secret.
      April 17, 2018 3:59 PM MDT