Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » "Alien" movie franchise ~

"Alien" movie franchise ~

I admit that I adore the first three "Alien" movies -- "Alien," "Aliens," and "Alien3." If you saw them, do you like all three?

(I haven't seen all of the franchise --  I did see "Alien 4:Resurrection" and "Prometheus." I liked "Prometheus" but not "Alien 4.")

Image result for alien movie poster

Posted - April 15, 2018

Responses

• "I think I saw the first one."  Once you've been married, monster movies don't seem so bad.  :)
      April 15, 2018 4:08 PM MDT

Ha!
    :)
      April 15, 2018 6:41 PM MDT

I liked the first and second. The fourth was really fun to mock. Prometheus was dumb, but somewhat entertaining. I remember I stepped out of the theatre because my sister made a comment and I couldn't stop laughing. I get a high pitch squeal when I laugh too hard and I didn't want to disturb anyone. She stopped dragging me to the theatre after that. I hate going there.
      April 15, 2018 7:06 PM MDT

I also liked that Guy Pearce was in "Prometheus," though he was unrecognizable as that old man character.
    I really like the third one, too, if you saw that one.
    "Squealing Patchouli," thanks for answering!
      April 16, 2018 7:48 AM MDT

Alien3 was depressing. They all are but especially that one. It gets uplifting when they combine the franchise with The Predator and the Aliens get their butts kicked. This post was edited by O-uknow at May 22, 2018 8:48 AM MDT
      April 16, 2018 8:11 PM MDT

I only now saw your answer, sorry, O-uknow.
    I saw the first "Predator" -- I'm glad I stopped watching by the time the aliens meet the predator -- there 's no way that pathetic Predator could kick the aliens' butts in my opinion.
     Those aliens rule!
    I'll have to let The Powers That Be know about my opinion about that predator, ha!

In some ways, "Alien3" is my favorite - - and precisely because it is so sad and depressing. And that ending is wonderful, though. I think the franchise could have stopped there.
      May 22, 2018 8:52 AM MDT