Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » A point to ponder: just think, if you didn't know how to read, you would not have been able to read this.

A point to ponder: just think, if you didn't know how to read, you would not have been able to read this.

~

Posted - April 18, 2018

Responses

When I was a wee one I hated not being able to read things.  I can remember the frustration.  In first grade I struggled learning to read.  It was sad being in the red birds rather than the blue birds, which was the group of better readers.  By second grade I had it though.  A lot was going on in my  young life at that time.  
      April 21, 2018 5:59 PM MDT

In my school, it was divided into Group One, Group Two, and Group Three.  We were given a sentence to read, and depending on how well one did, we were assigned to a group.  Throughout the semester or school year, if students in Group Three improved in their reading skills, they could progress to Group Two, and the same for Group Two students to Group One.   I started out assigned to Group One and never left it.

~
      April 21, 2018 11:19 PM MDT

Well, you said you learned to read before kindergarten.  I learned my ABCs in kindergarten.  :)
      April 22, 2018 12:07 AM MDT