Active Now

Slartibartfast
my2cents
Element 99
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Is Martyred Priest's Bishop Correct About Islam?

Is Martyred Priest's Bishop Correct About Islam?

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2016/08/04/martyred-priests-last-words-jihadists-gone-satan/

Posted - August 8, 2016

Responses

IMO, he's spot-on!  This is the most honest analysis of Islam that I've read in a while.

Only I normally equate the monstrous deity of Islam to Kali as opposed to Moloch.

August 8, 2016 2:14 PM MDT

If you believe 1.5 billion people are manifestations of Satan, that is a non-material claim and cannot be proven or disproven.

I happen to think Dick Cheney is Satan's agent on Earth, and his influence led to the deaths/maimings of great deal more people than the Muslims in the Breitbart article.

August 8, 2016 2:24 PM MDT

1) Do you have reading comprehension problems, SKOS?  Where did I say or suggest anything of the kind?

You DO understand the DIFFERENCE between an ism and those who subscribe to same, right?

2) You won't get any argument from me. :-)

August 8, 2016 2:27 PM MDT

Nimtiz?  Do you have a PASSING acquaintance with Kali MA?

Then stop right in your tracks, Nimitz. 

Kali Ma is the Destroyer of DARKNESS.    You wanna tell me what this has to do with Islam, I'm listening.  IT DOES, but not according to what you are trying to espouse.

Mother Kali – MahaKali – Kalika
    Who can comprehend the Divine paradox of Mother Kali? Fierce, black in color, large, shimmering eyes, destructive, triumphantly smiling amidst the slaughter of billions of demons, wearing a necklace of skulls and a skirt of severed arms, glowing effulgently like the full moon in the night sky, holding the head of a demon, a Trident that flashes like lightning and a knife etched with sacred mantras and infused with Divine Shakti, Kali stands peaceful and content, suffused with the fragrances of jasmine, rose and sandlewood!

Kali is the Guardian. The Protectress. The Mother. Kali is Dharma and Eternal Time. Kali shines with the brilliance of a Million Black Fires of Dissolution and Her body is bathed in vibuthi (sacred ash). Shiva is under Her Feet and the Great Devotee, Ramprasad, envisioned Kali as stepping upon a demon that was transformed, by Kali’s touch, into Lord Shiva Himself!

Just as the night sky appears black due to it’s fathomless depth and as the ocean appears deep blue due to it’s fathomless depth~ so too Kali appears dark due to Her Infinite depth. Kali assumes the form that reflects the attitude and bhava (emotion) of the person who approaches Her. If Kali is appraoched with the bhava of Motherly Love, She assumes the form of Lakshmi. If Kali is approached as the Guru, embodying Wisdom, Art and Education, She assumes the form of Saraswati. The demons approached Kalika with the bhava of destruction and evil. Consequently, the Divine Mother assumed the form of their Destruction by reflecting, in form, their own Evil. In truth, Kali is all of these forms and beyond them.

August 8, 2016 2:55 PM MDT

Yes.
      August 8, 2016 4:07 PM MDT

"Nimtiz?  Do you have a PASSING acquaintance with Kali MA? Then stop right in your tracks, Nimitz."

LOLOLOL!  Now THAT'S funny!  Please don't tell me that you're able to intimidate anyone with that kind of bloviating.

Anyway, I only have knowledge of this Kali:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali

You know, the one depicted as having something of a taste for head...or should I say heads.  THIS Kali:

(Next time, Sharonna, ASK me what I mean before popping off. OK?)

August 8, 2016 5:17 PM MDT

Indeedy. :-)

August 8, 2016 5:26 PM MDT

@Nimitz -- No, I read fine. When you conflate the ACTIONS of a few individuals with the BELIEFS of 1.5 billion people and a non-material ENTITY, I comprehend it even if you lack the meta-cognitive ability to recognize it yourself.

August 8, 2016 5:58 PM MDT

• No.
      August 8, 2016 6:13 PM MDT
  • Bez

1.5 billion? Is that the total number of Muslims who have ever existed since Islam was first invented? The current world population is approximately a 134th of a billion. I checked this on a calculator just now, I looked up the world's current population and divided one billion by that figure and the result was 134.37157256. You can't argue with a calculator, can you? All this "billions" talk is nothing but exaggerated BS.

August 8, 2016 6:21 PM MDT

What a powerful eulogy, my goodness. Is he right, about the two assailants for sure. Broadly? I doubt this flies for the whole body.

August 8, 2016 7:06 PM MDT

Who? Where?

You know anarcho-libertarians are to your LEFT, right SKOS?

LOL!

August 9, 2016 2:14 AM MDT

I would have doubted it, too...until I read the Qur'an.  It was one of the toughest emotional slogs I've ever undertaken.

But sure, I'll grant you that the majority of Muslims have no freaking idea how sadistic their deity is. 

August 9, 2016 2:17 AM MDT

Could you please be more succinct? :-)

August 9, 2016 2:19 AM MDT

• I'm confused.  

The piece has no bishop speaking directly about Islam at all.  There's an Archbishop who asks people attracted to violence to pray and think again before committing themselves, and a Cardinal who draws comparison between violent, 'faith'-based activities and an Old Testament demon.

Perhaps you're reading more into this than was actually said?

August 9, 2016 3:55 AM MDT

Here's the Pope himself:

Pope Francis speaking two days ago said, "I think it is not right to identity Islam with violence......This is not right and this is not true."

"I think that in nearly all religions there is a always a small fundamentalist group," he said, adding "We have them," referring to Catholicism.

"I don't like to talk about Islamic violence because every day when I look at the papers I see violence here in Italy - someone killing his girlfriend, someone killing his mother-in-law. These are baptized Catholics," he said.

"If I speak of Islamic violence, I have to speak of Catholic violence. Not all Muslims are violent," he said.

He said there were various causes of terrorism.

"I know it dangerous to say this but terrorism grows when there is no other option"

August 9, 2016 5:13 AM MDT

We all have our points of view [pov]. Yours is what you've just expressed. My pov sees the Holy Qur'an [HQ] as a book that criticises blind following, urging believers to contemplate, question, investigate and verify. These exhortations led the early Muslims to push the frontiers of human knowledge for about eight centuries [that's more than half the fourteen centuries since the revelation of the HQ] and to develop methods of investigation that we call science today. They left a legacy from which we continue to benefit to this day, including the zero and the decimal Arabic numerals which we quickly adopted to replace our cumbersome Roman numerals and which together totally revolutionised mathematics, The video @ gives the pov of an agnostic Jewish woman https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RJTRA-VA8oI
      August 9, 2016 5:43 AM MDT

I bet on the read. I've read some, far from all.

I think many would say the same about the Hebrew bible though, you know. I would submit this could be one interpretation of most religious texts, whether or not one believes it would depend greatly on what was introduced to them in their formative years and how much introspective investigation they've put into that throughout their life.

Leviticus has some whoppers in it too, you know. lol

August 9, 2016 9:42 AM MDT

A minor correction: I've come nowhere close to fully expressing my views regarding Islam.  To do so would get me kicked off this forum in a nanosecond.

Suffice to say that whatever gains which Islam (or proto-Islam) may have made in science and civilization prior to the advent of Wahhabism have LONG SINCE been abandoned in favor of the current barbarism.

August 9, 2016 1:58 PM MDT

This would be a valid point but for the following two paragraphs:

“Those who wrap themselves in the trappings of religion to mask their deadly project,” Vingt-Trois said, “those who want to announce to us a God of death, a Moloch that would rejoice at the death of a man and promise paradise to those who kill while invoking him, these cannot expect humanity to yield to their delusion.”

The comparison between the “Allah” of the Islamists and the monstrous “Moloch” of ancient pagan peoples was especially forceful, since Christians have generally understood Muslims to be an Abrahamic religion, and a “people of the book.” Moloch, on the contrary, was a demon who demanded infant sacrifices, often identified with the Carthaginian god Baal."

Granted, though, that the Bishop doesn't address the vile ideology of Islam directly.  I suppose he knows that, to do so, would be to invite death.

August 9, 2016 2:01 PM MDT

The pope can 'think' whatever he wants. Indeed, his clear IGNORANCE of the vile ideology of Islam shines like a diamond.  There is nothing even remotely 'peaceful' or what we might loosely call 'civilized' about that wholly repulsive, disgusting 'religion.'  Its founder or 'prophet' is a clearly documented pedophile, and its 'god' is a sadistic freak!!  That the pope IGNORES these facts, among others not discussed here, doesn't speak well of his erudition.

August 9, 2016 2:06 PM MDT

Yep.

Still, in all the Bible I'm aware of no passage which represents God as having commanded His followers to kill unbelievers NOR have I read any account of God personally participating/delighting in the eternal torture of same.

August 9, 2016 2:09 PM MDT

• I'm more than happy to argue against many of the forms religion takes, though I will support others - all on a very simple premise that absolutism is an evil wherever it rears it's head.  To my mind, there are few book-based distinctions to be made except in the most general terms.

August 9, 2016 3:12 PM MDT

ok so you're better educated about religions than the pope is, yes?

Where then does your very high education about Islam come from? If it's that high it must be university based. Perhaps you'd care to name the esteemed university.

August 9, 2016 4:42 PM MDT