Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Have you noticed lately that when choosing a category on which to post a new question, the list is no longer in alphabetical order? ~

Have you noticed lately that when choosing a category on which to post a new question, the list is no longer in alphabetical order? ~

Posted - April 20, 2018

Responses

No.  But thanks.
      April 20, 2018 6:24 AM MDT

Yes.
    When placing new items in a select box, you have to move it up, one step at a time, until the list becomes alphabetical again.
    That becomes a grind when there are lots of items or the new one you want to put in begins with an 'A' This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at April 20, 2018 10:44 AM MDT
      April 20, 2018 10:43 AM MDT

What are you referring to? What items are you placing in what boxes? 
      April 20, 2018 1:13 PM MDT

No, I haven't noticed that. Maybe because I almost never post questions.
      April 20, 2018 12:42 PM MDT

Long story short, it's a step on the road to correcting the stuff that didn't import right when we moved here. All the old stuff is back, but it's in a separate category, so there are duplicate categories. i.e. "Babies and Kids" vs "Babies & Kids" and "Religion" vs "Religion & Spirituality." The categories we have been using are on the top, while the old ones are stacked below when you choose a category for posting. If you use the search feature on the questions page, it stacks them together instead- one on top of the other vs one big block of current on top of one big block of old.

The dev should be on shortly to merge them and restore order, but I don't know when. 
      April 20, 2018 1:12 PM MDT

Thank you. 
    ~
      April 20, 2018 1:31 PM MDT