Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Apparently Charles will succeed his mum as head of the Commonwealth. Will he then be King Charles? What will Camilla be? The King Consort?

Apparently Charles will succeed his mum as head of the Commonwealth. Will he then be King Charles? What will Camilla be? The King Consort?

The Royal Dame?

Posted - April 20, 2018

Responses

LOL I know you aren't a fan of Charles because of Diana. I like Charles, a lot. He has made a lot of mistakes, he isn't perfect - who is.. I adored Diana, I was shocked and sad when she died, I sobbed when her funeral was shown on tv - my heart bled for her beloved sons... But my feeling is .. we aren't in a position to know what went wrong and what happened, and there's more than enough out there to say that Diana wasn't any angel either.. Avoiding blame, we might just say that they were like any other mismatched couple - they just weren't compatible, and Charles in trying to do the right thing, marry someone the nation would approve of, effectively he caused Diana a lot of pain.. but he faced pressures most of us cannot imagine and I am sure he did what he did in good faith, trying to do the right thing.. ultimately he failed but then again many of us do and he is only human.. 
    So, personally, I am very pleased they have chosen him.. I feel it's the right decision. As to Camilla, well I don't know.. I am not sure it matters what she is called title wise.. she wouldn't be queen in the same way Prince Phillip isn't King.. maybe princess Camilla or just Charles's wife
      April 20, 2018 1:38 PM MDT

You know what stands out for me that totally disgusted me? When Charles was overheard telling Camilla during some phone conversation how he wished he were a tampon so he could be inside her. Did you read that/hear that? What kind of man would say something like that to anyone much less to a horse-faced homely cow mistress?  He disgusts me. Whatever else he is to others he will always be that and only ever that for me. Of course I am an outsider and know nothing. I will tell you that another Mugger who is a Brit thinks the entire Royal Family are scum. She listed the whys. You perceive it differently. I only see the outside. I do not see the royal underbelly which is apparently exceedingly ugly. "He is only human". Right. The excuse that is used to defend away our very ow evil treasonous goofydoofylucy. SIGH. Thank you for your reply Addb and Happy Saturday to thee! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 21, 2018 4:08 AM MDT
      April 21, 2018 4:07 AM MDT

LOL you did make me smile.. I could so pick up on your dislike of Camilla. I didn't read that.. but to be honest, a) we don't know for a fact he did say it, unlike when Trump says things we SEE and hear him doing so and b) in truth a lot of men and women say way worse on a daily basis to their romantic partners.. and on a psychological level the desire to be so at one with someone you love that you want to be within them, isn't so strange.   As to whether Camilla is unattractive.. that's subjective, we know not everyone fancies the same person and love is a many splendoured and strange thing - who we love sometimes makes little sense. 
    Yes, I am aware there is another Brit who dislikes the royals, in actual fact I never really said I liked or disliked them as a concept. I was discussing them as people, Charles is at base a human being, as I did emphasise in my previous comments. I treated him as such. I have mixed feelings about royals, I am not a fan by any means, Diana touched me as she did many, I sorta like the history and the fact that love them or hate them they do do a lot for the country, especially in terms of tourism, many Americans go ape over them. I recall my daughter and I were in the states when one or other royal baby was due to be born, (see shows how much I care about them as I can't even remember which baby!) and I had loads of Americans say, oh how come you are over here at such an important time? Truth is I really don't care and they seemed to care way more than i did :P 
    As to listing the whys well in truth, I actually like the person concerned, but at the end of the day for every one of her points, I could probably counter them with entirely contradicting evidence. and lol we Brits stick to valid points as opposed to fake news :P In truth, there are lots of bad points,and I would agree with many of her points, but not all are quite as they seem and I know there was at least one that was unsubstantiated. As I say they do a lot of good too, great PR.. 
    In comparing Strumpet to CHarles.. I would honestly say that in saying CHarles is only human... and faced pressures we normal mortals dont.. I DO think that there is just no comparison.. CHarles cheated once, with a woman he loved, and should have married but believed it wasn't possible to marry at the time, he tried to do the right thing but fact remains he still loved her, still does, we cannot deny that.. and if his kids can forgive him then who are we to judge.. point being so so so so many men and women have done the same. .
    Trump bears no comparison... he lies, cheats and is thoroughly vile on a daily basis.. while CHarles on a daily basis seeks to do good, both for the royal institution and the country and on a personal level, he is a strong environmentalist, grows organically and he does speak up against injustices and sticks his neck out to do so.. as you say you may be unaware of all this.. as to the ugly underbelly.. hmm that's conjecture and conspiracy theory territory and again really isn't borne out in reality. 
      April 21, 2018 11:12 AM MDT

We do know for a fact. The conversation was recorded and we heard him say it. At least I think so sweetie. It's been so long ago that perhaps it was just reported and what I recall is a false memory. At any rate we like whom we like and dis whom we dis for a variety of reasons. Who can say if they are justified? I do respect you and so of course by extension I should respect your views. They work for you. I don't suscribe to them but so what? It matters not. Thank you for investing so much time trying 'splain yourself Addb! :) SIGH. Wonder what the john don will do/say today? Yesterday he was bumped off the media focus and it all belonged to Barbara Bush. He must have gone nuts! That makes me so happy! :)
      April 22, 2018 3:28 AM MDT

The sovereign is Head of the Commonwealth, but as far as I know Prince Charles could fulfil that role before being crowned.

I think a king's wife would be called the Princess Consort, in the way that the Queen's husband is Prince Consort, but only when Charles becomes the monarch, not before.
      April 20, 2018 9:09 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply Durdle and Happy Saturday. Do you think Charles has the "right stuff" to be a good monarch? 
      April 21, 2018 2:14 AM MDT

Thank you! I think he has, though of course no-one can tell until it happens.

Happy weekend to you too!
      April 21, 2018 7:32 AM MDT

You're welcome. Thank you for the additional answer and thank you for the "happy weekend"! :)
      April 21, 2018 7:39 AM MDT

It seems that Her Majesty is determined to outlive him - and may succeed, she looks in amazingly good health for a woman of 92.
      April 21, 2018 2:28 AM MDT

So his takeover is not imminent? Does she have to be on her deathbed? Thank you for your reply Sbf and Happy Saturday! :)
      April 21, 2018 11:03 AM MDT

Yes it has to be on her deathbed, she vowed to bear the burden and responsibility of being monarch until she died. I think, I recall hearing that it was somethng to do with her father, who had been made monarch unexpectedly and that her mother, the Queen mother, always believed that this caused his health to deteriorate and to die early
      April 21, 2018 11:15 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Addb! :)
      April 22, 2018 3:29 AM MDT

She doesn't have to be on her deathbed, she has to be actually dead. "The Queen is dead, long live the King". Probably William - as I said, Elizabeth seems bloodymindedly determined to outlive Charles, to avoid any hint of a constitutional crisis. She hasn't forgotten why her uncle had to abdicate, Charles is also married to a divorcee. 
      April 21, 2018 7:34 PM MDT

Oh? She can't just pass the job on to her son and live out her life? Boy that's something I wouldn't want. Having a job you can never quit. Well I guess she could abdicate. I read that she really sincerely WANTS Charles to have the job because she thinks he would be good at it. Think that's just bullsh** PR? How does one reconcile that bit of news with your reply Sbf? Does she or doesn't she? One wonders. Thank you for your response and Happy Sunday! :)
      April 22, 2018 3:23 AM MDT

Constitutionally, being the British monarch is literally a job for life; and abdicating is not the same as retiring.

There has been only one abdication, an execution and a couple of murders in the institution's many centuries' history, but never a way for the sovereign to retire.

There could be a case for this being addressed now, on the grounds of greater healthy longevity generally, but it's not often discussed at more than a very low-key level.s
      April 26, 2018 3:21 PM MDT

I would be a terrible Monarch Durdle. There are so many things one must do for one's country. I like to do what I want to do when I want to do it or do nothing at all. It's funny isn't it? I want sovereignty over me but I'd be a lousy Sovereign. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)
      April 27, 2018 4:29 AM MDT