Active Now

Randy D
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Communication » I am busy writing revision cards for my daughter. What act of selflessness have you performed recently and how did you feel?

I am busy writing revision cards for my daughter. What act of selflessness have you performed recently and how did you feel?

I feel bored! Hence popping here mid revision-card-writing. I also feel, 'Is it worth it? Will she even bother to look at them?' But at the same time I feel I should, just in case. 

Posted - April 29, 2018

Responses

Since it is selfless, I shall not discuss it. What is a revision card?
      April 29, 2018 6:13 AM MDT

Everyone should be proud to blow their own trumpet - you should be congratulated on your selflessness. Revision cards, sometimes called snap cards.. used in the run up to exams to help revise/cram and learn as many facts as possible in as short a time and as painlessly as possible.. Well that's the plan anyway
      April 29, 2018 7:05 AM MDT

Blowing my trumpet wouldn't make it selfless act. We call them flash cards here. It's a shame when the emphasis in our schools is the learning of facts instead of balancing that with learning how to think and analyze. I can easily look up facts.
      April 29, 2018 1:10 PM MDT

I go and catsit my disabled friend's cat four times a week, let him run around in the courtyard, has to have a sitter  because he will  hop  on the elevator or sneak outside and get lost. Hunter is an outdoor cat and doesn't like being cooped up all the time. Good for me too to get out and do something for a few hours. I lived in the building previously for ten years so I still know most of the people who live there.
      April 29, 2018 1:21 PM MDT

i left a bunch of food out for the mailman when they collect food once a yr for the food pantry
      May 21, 2018 5:37 PM MDT