Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I wonder if the diet you follow shapes your political beliefs. Think more vegetarians are Dems or Trumpetans? Why?

I wonder if the diet you follow shapes your political beliefs. Think more vegetarians are Dems or Trumpetans? Why?

I have read and I don't know if it's true that vegetarians need to be more pacific, benigh, peaceful than meateaters. The meateaters are the warmongers and live on hostility and conquest. Whatcha think? It is said you are what you eat. Are you meat or non?

Posted - May 6, 2018

Responses

There were books written in ancient Rome about how to keep slaves docile, passive, and obedient. Feeding them meat was seen as a big no no. The wolves wish the sheep to just munch grass.
      May 6, 2018 4:36 AM MDT

LOL :)
      May 6, 2018 7:15 AM MDT

I'm a conservative, so I'll have an elephant burger. 
      May 6, 2018 7:22 AM MDT

Well Jim and I could be vegetarians. We mostly eat veggies and fruits and beans and whole grains and nuts and seeds. We do enjoy a good burger (not always veggie) or roasted porkloin or bacon. Ever eat any exotic meat like bison or something else bh? Thank you for your reply! :)
      May 6, 2018 8:01 AM MDT

I am vegetarian, flirted with a vegan diet. I don't think it has shaped my political beliefs. I would class myself as a socially-conservative centrist. I did not endorse either of the two US election candidates. I know other vegetarians and vegans and I think there is a small correlation between this and liberal / left views, but I don't think that one leads to the other.
      May 7, 2018 12:06 PM MDT

Maybe decades ago.

Now, it seems to as much about health-consciousness as objection to eating animals.

May 7, 2018 1:46 PM MDT