Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » A Mugger says cheating on your spouse doesn't mean you are perverted. I disagree. What think you?

A Mugger says cheating on your spouse doesn't mean you are perverted. I disagree. What think you?

PERVERT

To lead astray morally
To turn away from the right course
To lead into mental error or false judgment

Synonyms are

Seduce, corrupt, demoarlize, divert, mislead, misguide, pollute,defile, impair, degrade

Posted - May 7, 2018

Responses

It's not perverted at all Rosie......Its just a horried  thing that happens in life and what the innocent party has to deal with.......

I myself would be heart broken as I'm so much like my parents in that respect....

There is another cruel aspect of it all which people who marry as virgins have no idea how sex will feel and either one may really dislike it ...
    What happens then ......life would be unbarable ....to love some one and not feel right about touching them would drive me insane very quickly I think....
    There can never be any happy ending in theses situation.....
    To feel or be evenly matched sexually with your is hugely important in a relationship......sexual rejection from who you love is kind of like a cancer forever eating away at both genders.....

Is it right to suffer in silence and live a lie or to move on and find another more compatible relationship..

Servere accidents or illnesses can have devastation effects on relationships if couples are young......How does one cope with that .....? 
      May 7, 2018 2:18 AM MDT

Did you read the meaning of the word D? Perverted means you stray morally. You turn away from the right course. How is that not descriptive of a person who betrays a partner? I think they are all perverts so I disagree with thee. They are immoral and wrong and they are liars which is a perversion to me as well. So we disagree. No worries. Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Monday! :)
      May 7, 2018 2:27 AM MDT

A pervert in England is sexual devient that rapes or forces themselves on children.......

Ive never really heard the word used in any other context ....

To lead sexually morally maybe....Criminals and those who steal are not perverts though...they are just thieves....
      May 7, 2018 2:42 AM MDT

What does your dictionary say D? It is how you perceive the word and in what context you choose to use it. Your understanding of the meaning is very narrow but it is not the only meaning. We talk with one another uses words that should mean the same thing to us but don't. So it's no wonder we can't ever really KNOW each other if we don't talk the same language. Thank you for your reply! :)
      May 7, 2018 2:48 AM MDT

It says Rosie....Of a person or their action characterized by sexually abnormal and un excepable practices or tendencies...
    It  goes on to say unnatural,devient, twisted , abnormal ,unhealthy ,depraved perverse,aberrant ,dbaunched  ,debased ,vile ....

I still say cheating is not perverted .....it's not a criminal act and it should never be viewed as one......
    Its hurtful,distasteful  and many other things ,but never referred to as perverted in England.....
      May 13, 2018 7:07 AM MDT

Paedophilia is just one form of sexual perversion. Sadism, masochism, exhibitionism, voyeurism are considered perversions by some psychologists and not others, the jury is still out on whether these are properly considered perversions or not. Homosexuality used to be regarded that way, now it is almost universally agreed not to be one.
    Coprophilia, necrophilia and some fetishes are definitely perversions.
      May 7, 2018 2:52 AM MDT

Yes ,I would have to agree mostly to all you said ,although I suppose exhibitionism and voyeurism every actor/ actresses sports personality ,tv personalities thrive on.....
    Men like looking at women....Many women dress to be desirable and so do many men...
    I do take your point though....
      May 7, 2018 3:06 AM MDT

Actors/actresses, sports personalities etc and those who enjoy what they do don't depend on it for sexual pleasure and satisfaction though. If you can't get off without an audience or being the audience, that's sexual exhibitionism/voyeurism. Ditto sadomasochism, a little light bondage, playful spanking etc isn't perverted but if you depend on it for arousal, then it could be.
    Paedophilia is right over the line when you define it as being aroused by prepubescent children. Most place hebephilia in that category as well, ephebophilia is a grey area - those kids are sexually mature, being aroused is not a perversion given the blatantly sexual behaviour that a fourteen- or fifteen-year-old bundle of raging hormones is capable of, but acting on that desire is clearly predatory even if not perverted per se.
    Coprophilia, necrophilia and bestiality are perversions as well, as are most fetishes. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at May 13, 2018 7:43 AM MDT
      May 7, 2018 6:12 AM MDT

Do you know,I've never heard of the first two you mentioned and had  to look them up.....
    How strange we humans are...How sick it feels the more you find out....
      May 7, 2018 7:19 AM MDT

My daughter is studying to be a crimimal psychologist, and I'm a sponge when it comes to random factoids. She gets me to proofread for her, I pick stuff up. A lot of offenders were abused as kids, so terms such as these appear in her essays.
      May 7, 2018 7:25 AM MDT

It appears there is a word for ever age group....I find it odd I've never seen those words used before though...

How strange to that in future although I woulnt remember the words most likely ,if I see them again I will....
      May 7, 2018 7:37 AM MDT

But Rosie is only talking about "cheating" on one's spouse.  Like somehow if you are married and don't play the game of artificially bolstering and enlarging your husband's ego in exchange for his taking care of you then you must be "perverse". Just what does playing such a game do for one's morality, "right course" and "judgment"?  Rather messes with it and screws it up completely. 
      May 7, 2018 7:16 AM MDT

The comment was in reply to NJ. Paedophilia is quite definitely a perversion. Not the only one.
      May 7, 2018 7:19 AM MDT

But by pointing our fingers at others we deny our own imperfections.  Or maybe we really think we are perfect!  Goodness. 
      May 7, 2018 7:38 AM MDT

From a psychological point of view, it's not perverted at all. Immoral certainly, amoral possibly, as the cheater obviously cares little or nothing for the damage done to his/her partner, but "perversion" properly refers to paraphilia - sexual arousal in response to abnormal stimuli. It's quite normal to be aroused by adults whom you find attractive, whether in a relationship or not. Acting on that stimulus or not doing so is a matter of self-control and self-respect. Trump has neither.
      May 7, 2018 2:44 AM MDT

Have you looked up the word up Sbf? Limiting perversion to sex is something many people do. All ya gotta do is look it up to see that igt applies to morality and right and wrong. Word meaning and word usage is often dissimilar. Why that is I don't know. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      May 7, 2018 2:49 AM MDT

My daughter is a psychology student, I looked it up in one of her reference manuals. You made it sexual when you coupled it with cheating, so I treated it that way.
      May 7, 2018 2:55 AM MDT

Not sure what any of this has to do with President Trump.
      May 7, 2018 7:05 AM MDT

The initial post was directed that way, this is a follow up question.
      May 7, 2018 7:07 AM MDT

You can get on your high horse and judge us as you wish.   But many of us still want to feel good about ourselves, feel we matter in life to someone, enjoy all that God gave us, and get close to others. 
      May 7, 2018 6:51 AM MDT

I'm not sure that this applies to you personally, OG - elsewhere you've implied that you are in what could be termed an open relationship, so you're not exactly "cheating" when you sleep with another guy. Your regular partner knows and (I assume) approves.
    Cheating is a breach of trust in an exclusive relationship. Nobody is judging you. Totally different lifestyle.
      May 7, 2018 7:14 AM MDT

Please stop with the pop psychology. If you're married and its important to you and you take it seriously it is not an "open relationship" at all.  You can label it what you want of course but I would not consider it that not would my husband.  Like somehow you think of that meaning OK we go wild and do anything we want with license and impunity.  In fact my husband does not OK everyone I am with and some of them I am sure he would rather that I not be with.  And before I married (I was 53) I "cheated" plenty though did not use that term for it.  Just because we may "cheat" or whatever you wish to call it does not exempt us from the human race.  Morally or physically.  And oh sex does not define a relationship and there is a lot more to close relationships, or there should be, than just sex.  When my husband chooses not to eat the lunch I made for him is he "cheating" any more or less than he is with his "mistress"? Living relationships are dynamic rather than static.  And so there is a lot of give and take and second guessing and being careful involved.  So its not like somehow you are always letting everything hang out. 
      May 7, 2018 7:28 AM MDT

If cheating on one's spouse makes someone feel good about themselves, I'd say that goes further than perversion. A person who enjoys inflicting pain is sadistic at a minimum. Likely they're a malignant narcissist and psychopath as well. 
      May 7, 2018 7:25 AM MDT

I stand then properly accused.

Then there you have it - I should not want to feel good about myself.  I should just take whatever I have been given and ride it out until I die.  This post was edited by officegirl at May 13, 2018 7:47 AM MDT
      May 7, 2018 7:29 AM MDT