Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » You have one product to sell and it sucks. How do you convince others to buy it when it doesn't deliver on its promise?

You have one product to sell and it sucks. How do you convince others to buy it when it doesn't deliver on its promise?

Posted - May 17, 2018

Responses

If I had a product that sucked, I wouldn't try to convince anyone to buy it. That would be unethical and dishonest. If I was stupid/gullible enough to buy a product that sucked, to begin with, I would just bite the bullet and live with my mistakes. :)
      May 17, 2018 10:22 AM MDT

That is very rare. Ethics and honesty are not the norm in business. Making a buck, whatever it takes, is the goal the whole goal and nothing but the goal. Of course there are exceptions and you are of them. Thank you for your reply ru and Happy Friday to you! :)
      May 18, 2018 2:58 AM MDT

Start practicing by getting a job in a telemarketing room.
      May 17, 2018 10:42 AM MDT

I doubt that I'd get hired Sharon. I don't know how they vet prospective employees but I'd probably fail every test. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)
      May 18, 2018 2:59 AM MDT

With a sock puppet. I could  sell ice to a Eskimo if I let my sock puppet do the talking. Cheers! 
      May 17, 2018 6:04 PM MDT

What IS a sock puppet Nanoose? Years ago on Answerbag folks were alwasy accusing others of being sock puppets and I never understood the term. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday!
      May 18, 2018 3:01 AM MDT

A sock puppet is a puppet made from a sock and you put it on your hand and make it say things like  hello or hey have a nice day. Cheers and happy weekend!   
      May 18, 2018 8:31 AM MDT

Oh? I don't know how old you are Nanoose but decades ago there was an act on some variety show that featured a guy names Senor Wences and a puppet which was his hand, no sock, and a lipstick mouth. It was actually quite clever.  The Senor would say to the "hand puppet"  "you like?" and the hand would scrunch up its "face" and say "I like" in a high-pitched voice. But putting a sock ON a hand and pretending it's a puppet? Don't think I've ever seen it. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)
      May 18, 2018 8:43 AM MDT